Need help understanding your bill?
AppleFan73's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Friday, May 11th, 2012 7:43 PM

Micro SIM card adapter?

Hello!

I currently using iPhone 4S, but like to try the Samsung Focus Flash. I understand I need a Micro SIM card adapter. So, I can use WP. 

Anyone know, which Micro SIM card adapter will work good with Samsung Focus Flash?

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

I got the focus flash and adapter, but when I place the adapter in the phone, it says sim error.

Now what?

Thanks!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

I hate to see that you are having trouble now, after I assured you that this would work.  :smileyembarrassed:

Does the phone say SIM error as soon as you put it in, or is it once you try to connect to data?

The only time that I have gotten "invalid SIM" messages was when I put a SIM card from a different carrier into a phone that wasn't unlocked.

Have you tried to reinsert the SIM card?  Sometimes the SIM contacts don't line up correctly the first time.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

"Does the phone say SIM error as soon as you put it in,"     Yes it does.

"Have you tried to reinsert the SIM card?"   Many times.

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

12 years ago

I recommend this one, which is similar to the first one your linked to.

http://www.amazon.com/AFC-Trident-Micro-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B003THJQVU/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

It's much better; you simple put the micro SIM into the adapter and then you can put it into whatever phone you choose to use it in. If you deal with the other one you linked to, the latter requires a sticker to retain the SIM card. Not only is the sticker annoying, it can sometimes get caught in in the slot especially if the SIM card slot is one of those that require you to slide the card in. If you're curious I bought a 100 pack of both adapters while I was a broad (for about $10 a pack) a year ago, and I given them away to many friends and every one of them agree the one on that's linked over the one that's uses the sticker.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

@ranron wrote:

I recommend this one, which is similar to the first one your linked to.

http://www.amazon.com/AFC-Trident-Micro-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B003THJQVU/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

It's much better; you simple put the micro SIM into the adapter and then you can put it into whatever phone you choose to use it in. If you deal with the other one you linked to, the latter requires a sticker to retain the SIM card. Not only is the sticker annoying, it can sometimes get caught in in the slot especially if the SIM card slot is one of those that require you to slide the card in. If you're curious I bought a 100 pack of both adapters while I was a broad (for about $10 a pack) a year ago, and I given them away to many friends and every one of them agree the one on that's linked over the one that's uses the sticker.

I'm a little confused when you say that the other adapters require a sticker to use the microSIM card in them.  The stickers that come with the adapters are templates for people to use who have full-sized SIM cards but need to cut them to fit the a phone with a microSIM card slot.  I use the adapters without those stickers, of course, because these items are for opposing purposes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.