Micro SIM card adapter?

Teacher

Micro SIM card adapter?

Hello!

I currently using iPhone 4S, but like to try the Samsung Focus Flash. I understand I need a Micro SIM card adapter. So, I can use WP. 

Anyone know, which Micro SIM card adapter will work good with Samsung Focus Flash?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 26 (20,559 Views)
Teacher

Re: Micro SIM card adapter?

Should I order the second one to be safe?
Message 16 of 26 (20,373 Views)
Professor

Yes, that would be the way that I would go.
Message 17 of 26 (20,371 Views)
Teacher

Ok. Should I cancel the first order or get both?
Message 18 of 26 (20,367 Views)
Professor

Only if it's easy.  I think that the one that you ordered should be fine.  You can tell me if the groove makes it easy to slide out of the Focus Flash when you get it, if you decide to keep it.

Message 19 of 26 (20,359 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]
I got both of them. Thanks again for your help! I'll follow up next week. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 26 (20,346 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

You're welcome.  Enjoy your new phone!

Message 21 of 26 (20,341 Views)
Teacher

I got the focus flash and adapter, but when I place the adapter in the phone, it says sim error.

Now what?

Thanks!
Message 22 of 26 (20,251 Views)
Professor

I hate to see that you are having trouble now, after I assured you that this would work.  :smileyembarrassed:

Does the phone say SIM error as soon as you put it in, or is it once you try to connect to data?

The only time that I have gotten "invalid SIM" messages was when I put a SIM card from a different carrier into a phone that wasn't unlocked.

Have you tried to reinsert the SIM card?  Sometimes the SIM contacts don't line up correctly the first time.

Message 23 of 26 (20,240 Views)
Teacher

"Does the phone say SIM error as soon as you put it in,"     Yes it does.

"Have you tried to reinsert the SIM card?"   Many times.

Message 24 of 26 (20,236 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I recommend this one, which is similar to the first one your linked to.

http://www.amazon.com/AFC-Trident-Micro-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B003THJQVU/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

It's much better; you simple put the micro SIM into the adapter and then you can put it into whatever phone you choose to use it in. If you deal with the other one you linked to, the latter requires a sticker to retain the SIM card. Not only is the sticker annoying, it can sometimes get caught in in the slot especially if the SIM card slot is one of those that require you to slide the card in. If you're curious I bought a 100 pack of both adapters while I was a broad (for about $10 a pack) a year ago, and I given them away to many friends and every one of them agree the one on that's linked over the one that's uses the sticker.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 25 of 26 (20,190 Views)
Professor

ranron wrote:

I recommend this one, which is similar to the first one your linked to.

http://www.amazon.com/AFC-Trident-Micro-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B003THJQVU/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

It's much better; you simple put the micro SIM into the adapter and then you can put it into whatever phone you choose to use it in. If you deal with the other one you linked to, the latter requires a sticker to retain the SIM card. Not only is the sticker annoying, it can sometimes get caught in in the slot especially if the SIM card slot is one of those that require you to slide the card in. If you're curious I bought a 100 pack of both adapters while I was a broad (for about $10 a pack) a year ago, and I given them away to many friends and every one of them agree the one on that's linked over the one that's uses the sticker.

I'm a little confused when you say that the other adapters require a sticker to use the microSIM card in them.  The stickers that come with the adapters are templates for people to use who have full-sized SIM cards but need to cut them to fit the a phone with a microSIM card slot.  I use the adapters without those stickers, of course, because these items are for opposing purposes.

Message 26 of 26 (20,081 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.