Need help understanding your bill?
AppleFan73's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Friday, May 11th, 2012 7:43 PM

Micro SIM card adapter?

Hello!

I currently using iPhone 4S, but like to try the Samsung Focus Flash. I understand I need a Micro SIM card adapter. So, I can use WP. 

Anyone know, which Micro SIM card adapter will work good with Samsung Focus Flash?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, that one should be fine.  I looked back through my old orders on Amazon and the three-pack that I actually bought is in the link below.  It looks the same as the one from Trident, so you should be good with either one.  The second link is for only one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00419XTWC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XCCYV0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Any microSIM card adapter should work with the Focus Flash.  The adapters are not anything fancy.  I had some free ones that wouldn't fit into the phone.  Any of the ones that actually have a hole for the microSIM card instead of a flat tray for the microSIM card to sit on should be OK.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

That's the style that I would avoid. The extra plastic makes it hard to fit into the SIM slot.

I have had more success with this kind: http://www.amazon.com/AFC-Trident-Micro-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B003THJQVU/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1336771780&sr=1-2

Even though it says for iPhone and iPad, it will work with any microSIM card to fit in a full-sized SIM tray.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks!

So, all I have to do is, take my iPhone 4S micro Sim card and place it on adapter?  This will fit in the Samsung Foucs Flash w/o no issues? 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, you would place the microSIM card in the adapter, then slide it into the Focus Flash.  You may have to hold the microSIM card in place as you slide it.  I thought that the type of adapter that you had in your link would make this process easier, but I cracked the adapter when I tried to slide it into the phone.  The extra plastic makes it too big to fit into the slot.  That's why I recommended the adapter that I did.

I haven't used the Focus Flash, but I switched back and forth from the iPhone (and now other phones with microSIM cards) to other phones that used the full sized SIM card for over a year with no problems.  Using the adapters is easier for me than trying to get new SIM cards each time from an AT&T store.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

So, this three-pack? Does it contain 3 adapters or 3  microsim card cut outs? 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

It contains three adapter and three SIM cutout guides.  They come in little packs of an adapter and cutout in each one.  You can order only one, if that's all you need.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Those cutout guides is to make a microsim card. Which I don't need, because I already have one from iPhone 4S. Correct?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.