Need help understanding your bill?
umsteadg's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 8:37 PM

Mexico

Hello,

I am in Mexico for 5 months. I want to maintain my ATT service plan that is in place. My question is this. I am considering switching my ATT SIM CARD for a TELCEL SIM CARD. Will switching SIM cards change my ATT service plan? What can you advise me In this decision. Is there a number I can call while in Mexico to speak to an ATT Representative?

Thank

Gary

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

8 years ago

@umsteadg -

Putting a different carrier's SIM card will NOT change your plan in anyway. 🙂 The only way changes can be done is by logging into myAT&T or calling into Customer Care via the international number while in Mexico.

However, do make sure the phone are going to be using is unlocked otherwise the TELCEL SIM card won't be read and unuseable until the device is unlocked by the carrier (AT&T).

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @umsteadg!

For questions while roaming outside the U.S., contact AT&T by calling +1.916.843.4685, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, a free call from your AT&T wireless phone.

If you're on a Mobile Share, Mobile Share Value, or the new AT&T Unlimited plan, you might consider looking into the Mexico Roaming Bonus.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

Rayosun,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me and the community.

Gary

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.