For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ATTJulieCS's profile

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Monday, May 21st, 2012 4:38 PM

Closed

Lost or Stolen Phone Helpful Links

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

Everything you need to know when your phone is lost or stolen is available in these links. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have been on the phone two times in the past 48 hours trying to resolve an account issue.   My daughter is a college freshman and she lost her phone.  Of course, she thought she just misplaced it so didn't immediately report it.    In the interim someone found it and made thousands of dollars of calls to PAKISTAN.     Each time I call I am bounced from customer accounts (the account was suspended) to fraud to international.   Each time I get different excuses and stories about what is wrong.       After the first call I was promised a call back withiin 24-48 hours.   No call came.   I called again today.   AGAIN, I have now been promised a call back within 24-48 hours.     I was told each time I was transferred that I would go to a live person who could help me.   Instead, I would end up back in a phone queue with an automated assistant.      If I lost a credit card, the company would forgive the fraudulent charges.    No one seems to have any authority to go what is right for a loyal customer.      I have been overwrought now all through Thanksgiving.  No one can seem to help me.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @DBWright56.  We understand that this has been difficult to deal with and our apologies.  Please give our folks a chance to to look into this for you.  Please click here and a private message window will open.  We'll need you to provide the details of this incident and share when the phone was reported missing/stolen.  Provide your name, contact number, email address, account number and a good time for you to be reached.  We have a fantastic team that monitors that private mailbox.  A manager will contact you directly within 48 hours of receipt of your message.  We sincerely hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction quickly.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi everyone,   I was finally able to get this situation resolved.  I escalated to the Office of the President and the complaint line that they maintain there.   I reached a live person who took down my information.   He then referred my case to a customer resolution expert.   AT&T worked with campus security (and they are working with the local police departement about this too), and realized that the phone HAD been stolen, AND that the charges were fraudulent.    Today, the bill was credited with the amount of the international calls and the related fees.   What a relief!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.