For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
BScott75's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 8:36 PM

Looking to see what att will do to keep me as a customer

talked to a representive on the phone but I dont think they really listened to what I said. I have been a customer since 2009, and asked what they were willing to do to keep me as a customer and the only thing she could come up with was lowering my data package to save me money, but then after you factor in the cost of 2 new phones I am paying more than I currently do with less data available to me. I told them what Sprints deal was at the begining and how much my bill would be after 2 months when I apply the $800 credit I will get. Basically I will be getting 2 new iphones and saving money each month with out loosing any data options.  She told me on the phone they have free phone offers like that for new customers. I guess my main question is WHAT ABOUT THE LONG TERM LOYAL CUSTOMERS YOU HAVE. Why are you not trying to keep us.  Was trying to email att to ask if there is anything more they are willing to do too keep me, but i can not find a link that allows me to email them a question. So this will have to do.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Not sure I understand this expectation that wireless carriers should bend over backwards to retain customers. I was given a new customer deal when I started over 15 years ago. So why should they perpetually have to give away the farm to keep me? New customer offers are a standard across the industry. Sprint isn't giving an existing customer that kind of deal down the line. That's how it works in the industry.

I don't expect American Electric Power to give me something because I pay my bill on time every month and because I've been with them for years.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

@David606 Every time I see one of these post all I see is entitlement. If you  prefer another carriers offer, go take it. Nobody is forcing you not to.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@BScott75 The simple fact is carriers offer deals to attract customers but rarely offer deals to keep customers. Sprint does not offer their existing customers anything either. If you do decide to switch to Sprint, please educate yourself. For one, you won't care how much lower your bill is if their service doesn't work for you. Make sure they provide the coverage you need. You should also check the web for complaints. More than a few have not gotten the deal or price they were promised. Sprint is a distant 4th as a national carrier for a reason. Don't buy that 1% difference their ads claim.

@Anonymous There is nothing wrong with customers asking the "what will you do to keep me" question. They just shouldn't be so surprised when the answer is "nothing".

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I dont feel entitlement to anything. I bust my butt for everything I have in this world. I am not asking for a company to give away the farm either. I dont switch phones every year when a new comes out like so many others do;  I generally use something till it is about to die. But why is so hard for your company to look at a customer that has been with you for years when they contact you politely and ask. Why wouldnt you want to try and retain that customer who pays you on time and doesnt call you complaining all the time; also using an anaolgy of a power company (when those are generally a monoply because you cant just switch power companies is pretty dumb). I work retail and have to bend over backwards to satisfy customers all the time. And the company i get my Fioptics through, well guess what if they come out with a better deal all I have to do is pay attention contact them and they switch us over to that deal. The cost to gain new customers a lot of time is greater than that too keep existing ones. As I told my wife I would be willing to stay and pay the same $ than switch and save money each month for 2 new phones. FYI I worked in the wirless industry for many years and yes we did bend over satisfy good customers. Bring back the contracts if that is your concerns. I am not a millennial, I am a HARD working, Bill paying, blue collar AMERICAN!

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

When did this become something about millinials? And since when is being a minlinial mean you arnt American or hard working. Go to the company who gives you the best deal for your situation. It's what capitalism is all about. Competition exist and you choose what fits your needs best. Companies are pushed to offer a product that people feel like paying for. There are 2 methods in the cellular industry. Strong coverage (at&t and Verizon typically) or to offer good value on the plan (sprint and T-Mobile). I value the coverage and have a more than adequate plan so I prefer my at&t.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I agree with you but that does not make it right. And AT&T's serivce doesnt work every where either! Didnt work in parts of NC when we traveled there a couple months ago, doesnt work at a friends house locally either.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

No carrier has perfect coverage but as a whole at&t and Verizon lead the pack. Spring and T-Mobile only have 2-3g in my area where I have LTE everywhere with at&t. Again, it calls for analyzing your situation

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BScott75 wrote:

And AT&T's serivce doesnt work every where either! Didnt work in parts of NC when we traveled there a couple months ago, doesnt work at a friends house locally either.

When you switch to Sprint, let us know how it works out. If you have the same or better coverage, that's great for you. Let us know how it works out, seriously. Not just at that friend, but all your other friend's houses. I have to be driving in some pretty deserted / low population areas to have my AT&T go out.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

One of our friends got in a total huff last year over ATT unlimited increase on her and her husbands line.  And data overage on her 2 sons lines.  So they left and went to Sprint.  Within 6 months she was writing complaints on Facebook about dropped calls and no data.  They wound up using the switch offer and coming back to a shared plan.  Problem solved.   The kids use more data than she and Mike but of course the kids didn't have unlimited.  The Mobile Share Advantage plan is a lot cheaper than what they paid before and no overage.   

Lesson:   Do your homework.  Prices are not a lot different, but the service might be.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.