Need help understanding your bill?
Plumber101010's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 2:59 PM

Closed

Locating AT&T corporate store only!!!!

This is just getting absurd. 45 minutes on Google and I still can’t find the locations of corporate stores only nearest me!!!

Searching on this forum I’m reading ridiculous answers that are telling people there’s no difference and there absolutely is. I’m not going to get into why but I have specifically been told by Att customer service that it HAS to be a corporate store location. Yet? The store locator doesn’t differentiate between the two???

That is just so ridiculous I don’t even know where to start. Can somebody tell me if the Att store located in Akron / Fairlawn  is a corporate location and if not, the nearest to 44286

To make it absolutely worse as if that’s possible, I finally gave up and called AT&T customer service. Do you know what? After 10 minutes on the freaking phone she couldn’t figure it out either!!!!!!!

How ridiculously absurd can this possibly be?!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello everyone,

I see that a lot of people are still looking at this topic, so I decided to update it for 2023.

Most of AT&T corporate and authorized retail stores can now perform all the same actions, including the store pick up from ATT.com, but if you need to check what a specific location is, you can still do it on the Store Locator.

Just enter your Zip code to find the stores closest to you:

Click on "Store Info" for the store of interest, and then click on "About":
All Authorized retail stores are clearly identified in the About section of the page. And Corporate stores only have the store name:
That's it. I hope it helps.
Thanks,
Dmitriy

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

The store locator used to identify corporate stores, I have no idea why they changed that. Wish I could tell you how to now find them. So where are you seeing threads saying no difference between corporate stores and authorized retailers? The regulars on the forum normally recommend staying away from authorized retailers.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Just edited my original post to say after 10 minutes on the phone with customer service they couldn’t figure it out either!!!!!

WOW!!!!!  Shaking my head in utter disbelief..

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

The store locator used to identify corporate stores, I have no idea why they changed that. Wish I could tell you how to now find them. So where are you seeing threads saying no difference between corporate stores and authorized retailers? The regulars on the forum normally recommend staying away from authorized retailers.

The locator does id auth retailers you just have to click on each store

https://www.att.com/stores/illinois/champaign/121578

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Plumber101010 wrote:

This is just getting absurd. 45 minutes on Google and I still can’t find the locations of corporate stores only nearest me!!!

Searching on this forum I’m reading ridiculous answers that are telling people there’s no difference and there absolutely is. I’m not going to get into why but I have specifically been told by Att customer service that it HAS to be a corporate store location. Yet? The store locator doesn’t differentiate between the two???

That is just so ridiculous I don’t even know where to start. Can somebody tell me if the Att store located in Akron / Fairlawn  is a corporate location and if not, the nearest to 44286

To make it absolutely worse as if that’s possible, I finally gave up and called AT&T customer service. Do you know what? After 10 minutes on the freaking phone she couldn’t figure it out either!!!!!!!

How ridiculously absurd can this possibly be?!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB

@Plumber101010

Took me 2 minutes

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Ok, so if you select a specific store and it does not say “Authorized Retailer”, then you can conclude it’s a corporate store. That seems to hold true for stores in my area but the corporate store indicator on the map was much nicer.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

Ok, so if you select a specific store and it does not say “Authorized Retailer”, then you can conclude it’s a corporate store. That seems to hold true for stores in my area but the corporate store indicator on the map was much nicer.

@sandblaster

you can only shop online at a corp store which also gives it away.  I have yet to figure who approves these stupid web design changes.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

The store pickup is what I use to tell them apart.  Only company stores allow it.  I have to agree the website changes make it difficult and the stores rarely answer the phone.  

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Plain English please! So you saying “shop this store” means corporate??  That would be great to know!!!! LOL

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

So lack of the title “authorized retailer”  means it’s a corporate location as well? 

Why couldn’t somebody at AT&T customer service tell me this!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.