For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Plumber101010's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 2:59 PM

Closed

Locating AT&T corporate store only!!!!

This is just getting absurd. 45 minutes on Google and I still can’t find the locations of corporate stores only nearest me!!!

Searching on this forum I’m reading ridiculous answers that are telling people there’s no difference and there absolutely is. I’m not going to get into why but I have specifically been told by Att customer service that it HAS to be a corporate store location. Yet? The store locator doesn’t differentiate between the two???

That is just so ridiculous I don’t even know where to start. Can somebody tell me if the Att store located in Akron / Fairlawn  is a corporate location and if not, the nearest to 44286

To make it absolutely worse as if that’s possible, I finally gave up and called AT&T customer service. Do you know what? After 10 minutes on the freaking phone she couldn’t figure it out either!!!!!!!

How ridiculously absurd can this possibly be?!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Plumber101010

Pretty apparent ATT made it difficult on purpose.  Maybe they should just improve training and service at all stores and it wouldn’t be a problem.   

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

5 years ago

I myself would never have guessed that:

- One cannot filter on corporate vs. authorized

- One must assume that not-authorized means corporate

- Only a corporate store can program a new SIM card for an existing line.

My friend lost his phone.  He bought a new one at Best Buy, but was told that Best Buy cannot program a new SIM card for an existing line.  He then went to the closest AT&T store, but it turned out to be a mere "authorized retailer" who could not program a new SIM card for an existing line either.

Since this is Sunday at 6 p.m., he will be without a working phone until tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can you please share the link to that search? Thank you

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Ericadawnwright wrote:

Can you please share the link to that search? Thank you

It’s at the bottom of every At&t webpage.  ⤵️

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

TOTALLY frustrating!!! authorized retailers provide no trained technical support and bat almost 0 at solving technical problems. They don’t admit they aren’t qualified or explain the difference between their store and a corporate store. They are there to sell phones and service plans, period. They make ATT corporation appear to have terrible customer service. I have repeatedly suggested ATT make the difference clear; instead, they have made it more difficult to distinguish the two.

Employee

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

You can use the appointment scheduler to find COR stores, they are the only ones we can schedule appointments at. It's a lot faster than the store locator too.

https://www.att.com/storeappointment/

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Ksloan1945 wrote:

TOTALLY frustrating!!! authorized retailers provide no trained technical support and bat almost 0 at solving technical problems. They don’t admit they aren’t qualified or explain the difference between their store and a corporate store. They are there to sell phones and service plans, period. They make ATT corporation appear to have terrible customer service. I have repeatedly suggested ATT make the difference clear; instead, they have made it more difficult to distinguish the two.

Honestly, corporate stores aren't going to be a whole lot better at solving technical issues. They might have a bit more incentive to help as much as they can, but they too are primarily sales people. 

For tech support, you should call. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Ksloan1945 wrote:

@Ksloan1945 

ATT company stores do not do much tech support these days either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Using tips from this site I think I figured out that if you select the store, then click on "About This Store" an Authorized Dealer will list "Authorized Dealer" after the name of the store.  Corporate stores don't say anything.  But you have to click to the About this Store page.  The first page that shows up when you select the location does not mention authorized.  My example is Chicago at Lincoln and Damon is authorized and Glenview, IL is corporate.  So, I tested it and it seems to work. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for going the extra mile to provide information I requested only by implication. I still think ATT would find its customer service ratings improved if the distinction between authorized dealer and company store were easier to find. I learned the difference by trial and error; how nice and timesaving it would have been to know before I drove 45 minutes one way to an authorized retailer who lacked the skills to solve my technical issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.