Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Locating AT&T corporate store only!!!!

Highlighted

Locating AT&T corporate store only!!!!

This is just getting absurd. 45 minutes on Google and I still can’t find the locations of corporate stores only nearest me!!!

Searching on this forum I’m reading ridiculous answers that are telling people there’s no difference and there absolutely is. I’m not going to get into why but I have specifically been told by Att customer service that it HAS to be a corporate store location. Yet? The store locator doesn’t differentiate between the two???

That is just so ridiculous I don’t even know where to start. Can somebody tell me if the Att store located in Akron / Fairlawn  is a corporate location and if not, the nearest to 44286

To make it absolutely worse as if that’s possible, I finally gave up and called AT&T customer service. Do you know what? After 10 minutes on the freaking phone she couldn’t figure it out either!!!!!!!

How ridiculously absurd can this possibly be?!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB

Message 1 of 25
ACE - Expert

Re: Locating AT&T corporate store only!!!!

The store locator used to identify corporate stores, I have no idea why they changed that. Wish I could tell you how to now find them. So where are you seeing threads saying no difference between corporate stores and authorized retailers? The regulars on the forum normally recommend staying away from authorized retailers.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 25

Just edited my original post to say after 10 minutes on the phone with customer service they couldn’t figure it out either!!!!!

WOW!!!!!  Shaking my head in utter disbelief..

Message 3 of 25
ACE - Expert

@sandblaster wrote:

The store locator used to identify corporate stores, I have no idea why they changed that. Wish I could tell you how to now find them. So where are you seeing threads saying no difference between corporate stores and authorized retailers? The regulars on the forum normally recommend staying away from authorized retailers.

The locator does id auth retailers you just have to click on each store

https://www.att.com/stores/illinois/champaign/121578

Capture.JPG

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 25
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎09-27-2019 9:03 AM

@Plumber101010 wrote:

This is just getting absurd. 45 minutes on Google and I still can’t find the locations of corporate stores only nearest me!!!

Searching on this forum I’m reading ridiculous answers that are telling people there’s no difference and there absolutely is. I’m not going to get into why but I have specifically been told by Att customer service that it HAS to be a corporate store location. Yet? The store locator doesn’t differentiate between the two???

That is just so ridiculous I don’t even know where to start. Can somebody tell me if the Att store located in Akron / Fairlawn  is a corporate location and if not, the nearest to 44286

To make it absolutely worse as if that’s possible, I finally gave up and called AT&T customer service. Do you know what? After 10 minutes on the freaking phone she couldn’t figure it out either!!!!!!!

How ridiculously absurd can this possibly be?!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB

@Plumber101010

Took me 2 minutes

Capture.JPG

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 25
ACE - Expert

Ok, so if you select a specific store and it does not say “Authorized Retailer”, then you can conclude it’s a corporate store. That seems to hold true for stores in my area but the corporate store indicator on the map was much nicer.

Message 6 of 25
ACE - Expert

@sandblaster wrote:

Ok, so if you select a specific store and it does not say “Authorized Retailer”, then you can conclude it’s a corporate store. That seems to hold true for stores in my area but the corporate store indicator on the map was much nicer.

@sandblaster

you can only shop online at a corp store which also gives it away.  I have yet to figure who approves these stupid web design changes.

Message 7 of 25
ACE - Sage

The store pickup is what I use to tell them apart.  Only company stores allow it.  I have to agree the website changes make it difficult and the stores rarely answer the phone.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 8 of 25

Plain English please! So you saying “shop this store” means corporate??  That would be great to know!!!! LOL

Message 9 of 25

So lack of the title “authorized retailer”  means it’s a corporate location as well? 

Why couldn’t somebody at AT&T customer service tell me this!

Message 10 of 25
ACE - Sage

@Plumber101010

Pretty apparent ATT made it difficult on purpose.  Maybe they should just improve training and service at all stores and it wouldn’t be a problem.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 11 of 25

I myself would never have guessed that:

- One cannot filter on corporate vs. authorized

- One must assume that not-authorized means corporate

- Only a corporate store can program a new SIM card for an existing line.

My friend lost his phone.  He bought a new one at Best Buy, but was told that Best Buy cannot program a new SIM card for an existing line.  He then went to the closest AT&T store, but it turned out to be a mere "authorized retailer" who could not program a new SIM card for an existing line either.

Since this is Sunday at 6 p.m., he will be without a working phone until tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Message 12 of 25
Contributor

Can you please share the link to that search? Thank you

Message 13 of 25
ACE - Sage

@Ericadawnwright wrote:

Can you please share the link to that search? Thank you

It’s at the bottom of every At&t webpage.  ⤵️

Message 14 of 25
Contributor

TOTALLY frustrating!!! authorized retailers provide no trained technical support and bat almost 0 at solving technical problems. They don’t admit they aren’t qualified or explain the difference between their store and a corporate store. They are there to sell phones and service plans, period. They make ATT corporation appear to have terrible customer service. I have repeatedly suggested ATT make the difference clear; instead, they have made it more difficult to distinguish the two.

Message 15 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support