Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Live Chat disabled...

Contributor

Live Chat disabled...

Why is Live Chat disabled, is att hiding from its s5 customers because it refuses to release lollipop to us?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 23
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎02-04-2016 9:20 AM

Re: Live Chat disabled...

Thanks for posting!

The chat option is still there, but there were some changes to it's location:

Go Here: Contact Us

You can activate a Chat Live feature by clicking on the Questions? Chat Live button that you will see "floating" at the bottom right-hand corner of the site:

large1.gif

Once you’ve opened that Chat Live feature, you’ll have the ability to narrow down your topic, by Product or Service:

large2.giflarge3.gif

You’ll may also be asked to narrow your scope further, by category:

large4.gif 

By narrowing that scope, we’ll be able to match you with an agent trained to help you with your specific issue.

As soon as an Agent is available, they will begin their Chat Live session with you.

large5.gif 

Now, some things to remember:

• The Chat Live option is not yet available on our mobile site or through the MyAT&T app. It is available on the desktop version of att.com.
  • The Chat Live option is currently in the process of being rolled out across our full suite of products and services.

I apologize for any confusion.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

large6.gif

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 23
Contributor

The "chat now" button is not actually next to "live chat". It is in the middle-right of the screen. I guess you are saving a few pennies with this horrible UI move.

Message 3 of 23
Tutor

Well I don't see it on my S5 it gone
Message 4 of 23
Contributor

Its still not there. I have tried my LG G3 my Ipad Air 2 and my HP Windows desktop and it is not a floating button anywhere.

Message 5 of 23
Contributor

I have been trying for hours to use the live chat and it is not available on my mobile or tablet. I am so frustrated that I am considering switching providers. Thanks at&t.
Message 6 of 23
Contributor

No it is NOT there along side border either.  This is getting ridiculous.  Where is it really?  I have looked on every screen.  The last time I used was on Nov 14, 2015 so it was there then!!!

Message 7 of 23

I went to: http://www.att.com/contactus/index/wireless.html?tab=1 I found two captions – MOBILE and GOPHONE NO ANNUAL CONTRACT.

If you click on MOBILE, there is a link called “LIVE CHAT – Our chat team is here to help.”

If you click on GOPHONE NO ANNUAL CONTRACT, the link to LIVE CHAT disappears.

Message 8 of 23
Contributor

That link/tab is not there. You guys need to debug your website.

Message 9 of 23
Community Manager

Hi @edgarfrog

Thank you for letting us know, the Contact Us page has been updates since the last solution in this thread and the location of the Chat link has changed. I updated my earlier post in this thread to reflect the change.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 23
Contributor

i am not able to see the live chat option, please help, i am using a desktop version on mac

Message 11 of 23
Contributor

Do we have to drictv to get Unlimited
Message 12 of 23
Contributor

Do we have to have DirecTV to have unlimited
Message 13 of 23
ACE - Sage

No.

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 23
Contributor

ok where is live chat now???  i need it badly

Message 15 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support