Need help understanding your bill?
teks1010's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 12:01 AM

Leaving a family plan and possible ETF

Hi,

I am the holder of a family plan with three other members under it. One of our members would like to leave my plan and have his own family plan. I know I could use the online billing transferring service to transfer his number to his name. BUT, he is currenly under a 2y contract and the contract would not expire until this August. Will he be charged an ETF? Thanks in advnce for any helpful replay.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@teks1010 wrote:

Hi,

I am the holder of a family plan with three other members under it. One of our members would like to leave my plan and have his own family plan. I know I could use the online billing transferring service to transfer his number to his name. BUT, he is currenly under a 2y contract and the contract would not expire until this August. Will he be charged an ETF? Thanks in advnce for any helpful replay.

For information on ETF's please visit here. Wingrider is correct, a transfer of billing responsibility would not leave you with an ETF. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@teks1010 wrote:

Hi,

If you do a tobr the number is still active so there will be no etf for the line. One thing - if the person that is taking control of the account has little or no credit they might be required to place a 1 year deposit on the new account. Another point is there is a grandfathered data plan on the line, it will be removed.

While it can be handled over the phone or online it might be better for you both to go to a corporate store.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.