Need help understanding your bill?
hankylegk's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 9:50 AM

Late purchase of device at discounted price

Hi,

If I start a new plan, is it possible to get a device at discounted price after 2 or 3 month?

I intended to start a new 2-year contract recently but I would like to wait until the new iphone is released.

In this case, can I still get the new iphone (if it's available) in around October at discounted price?

Thanks,

Hank

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Yes this is possible, however unless you have your own device or an unlocked one, it would require you to buy the device at the no commitment price and start a month to month plan. You would be eligible to upgrade at the discounted price in 2-3 months if you paid your bills on time etc.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

If you are not getting a subsidized device when you first start service with AT&T, then you should start service on a month-to-month basis.  Then get the latest iPhone when it comes out and start your two-year contract or Next program at that point in time.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I'm not going to say that you can't do what you want to do; I am unsure on this.  What I can say is that there is no advantage to you to start a two-year contract without a subsidized device purchase.  You can start postpaid service on a month-to-month basis.  You can start a family plan also, with the family members who want new devices starting the two-year contracts now and you can start with month-to-month service and get your new device and contract later.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I do have my own unlocked device. I'm wondering if I can start the 2-year contract right away and get the subsidized device at October, instead of using the "month-to-month" (prepaid?) plan temporarily?

The point is I would like to start a family plan with other 4 people so I'm not sure if they would like to wait me for 2 or 3 month.

Thanks for replying.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I got it, thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.