Need help understanding your bill?
madmom123's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 5:24 PM

LG G4 Stuck in infinite boot cycle and now won't restart at all

My son's LG G4 was stuck in infinite boot and will not restart at all now.  We are 13 months into a 2 year contract. att replaced it last december for the infinite boot cycle problem, but now it's out of warranty.  LG knows its a problem with their phones but will not repair or replace the phone even though they extended the warranty for LG G4's with other carriers.  What are my options as I continue to pay $40 a month for a phone that can't be used. 

Someone suggested purchasing a go phone and using it in place of the LG G4....but how do I know this will even work!  Can't afford to waste money.

Any suggestions or options??

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

8 years ago

@madmom123 Wow, LG handled that unprofessionally. So what I recommend doing is suspending the phone so you pay less, or seeing if at&t will let you transfer the Sim to a working phone.

ACE - Guru

• 

986 Messages

8 years ago

There is no reason why you cant use a gophone. You can get them for as low as $25 for a WIndows device and $60 for an Android device.

Just take the SIm card out of the LG and put it into the gophone. If the card is the wrong size then AT&T will swap it out for one that fits.

Unfortunately you will still be liable for the balance of the payments on the LG but at least you will have a working phone for your son.

Having said all of this, there are ways to reload the firmware onto the G4. It can be a bit tricky but in your case may be worth a shot. Depending on where you are located, an AT&T device support center may be able to try and do this for you while you wait.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.