Just updated my Netbooks ATT 3G software, No longer can text message?

Teacher

Just updated my Netbooks ATT 3G software, No longer can text message?

Hello, I have the acer netbook that has service built in. Today my connection software was just updated with that new att all access software. After that was done, I looked into it.. no longer do I see where I can do text messages. I used to be able to send and recieve text messages using that software, which was quite handy in meetings so I wasnt on my phone. So if thats been removed, I may just reinstall the older version.

Anyone have news on this?

Message 1 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Just updated my Netbooks ATT 3G software, No longer can text message?

[ Edited ]

What model of Acer netbook is it? (Acer Aspire AS1830 or Acer Aspire One 532h)
What version of All Access software did you have previous, and what version was it updated to?

Also...

From the Device Tutorials http://www.att.com/devicehowto/?_requestid=23090

Messaging & email
Text & picture messaging

It says to open AT&T Communications Manager, click Tools, and then Text messaging.

But if it's no longer there, try searching your Windows Start menu with "Text messaging".

Software development
Mobile software development
WiFi security
Graphic design
3D animation
Message 2 of 3 (251 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Just updated my Netbooks ATT 3G software, No longer can text message?

Aspire One 722, Old software which allowed for text messaging and recieving, was 9.2.444.7

Now since it updated itself to 10.1.262.2, no longer do I see options for text messaging, which was a part of my plan.

Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.