Helpful Links

Just don't make no sense about my account

Highlighted
Contributor

Just don't make no sense about my account

I still having issues where they said my credit wasn't good enough for a next account. When one of mine is on a next account and they put my other as two year contract at the same time. So why couldn't the both be. I can already upgrade the next line. So what's the issue with them both being on a Next program?
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master

Re: Just don't make no sense about my account

mdehart78 wrote:
I still having issues where they said my credit wasn't good enough for a next account. When one of mine is on a next account and they put my other as two year contract at the same time. So why couldn't the both be. I can already upgrade the next line. So what's the issue with them both being on a Next program?

I'm not sure how AT&T does it, but if you don't upgrade both phones at the same time, then they may run a new credit check on your account when you try to purchase the second phone.  Keep in mind that the first purchase will increase your credit risk because you now have a higher debt to income ratio, as well as the simple fact that multiple credit inquiries will also have a negative impact on your credit availability.  You may want to get a credit report on yourself to make sure that you haven'y had any identity theft issues too...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Employee

AT&T Next is about a 30% larger risk compared to the contracts. AT&T may choose to limit how many of them you get, based on your credit.

Just like there's a limit on how many contracts/lines you get before you have a deposit, it's just a matter of risk assesment.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I guess it what it is one is and other not still kinda sucks wish both was next .. I understand about credit and my just getting better maybe sometime soon both lines be next
Message 4 of 6
Guru

Keep up with the positive payments and you'll have a good chance at having both on next. The stores near me say only 5% are approved for next so it seems like its pretty strict especially at first.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Oh yeah I definitely will and I bet they do only 5% are approved I sound so at first
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support