For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ahsker's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 4:32 PM

Is there a way to switch phone plans without being the primary account holder?

I am currently part of a Family Talk plan and I would like to have my line become its own individual rate plan. My Father-in-law is the primary account holder and unfortunately my wife and I are currently separated  and most likely headed toward divorce. I have been sending my father in law a check in the amount of $200 for the past couple months for what I'm being told is my portion of the bill. I have no way of verifying if this amount is true since I don't receive a copy of the billing statement each month and have been paying this outrageous amount to avoid conflict. When I check the balance on the account via my mobile phone I see that there is a fairly large outstanding balance of almost $800 and have noticed that the payments being made on the account are well below the $200 amount I been sending. I feel I'm being taken advantage of and would like to move my line out of his family talk plan and into an individual plan where I'm the account holder receiving my own billing statements. Is there anyway of doing this without my father-in-laws approval? The only other alternative is to stop paying him which will only result in him suspending my line and most likely then taking me to court. Please I need your help ;-(

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Ahsker wrote:

I am currently part of a Family Talk plan and I would like to have my line become its own individual rate plan. My Father-in-law is the primary account holder and unfortunately my wife and I are currently separated  and most likely headed toward divorce. I have been sending my father in law a check in the amount of $200 for the past couple months for what I'm being told is my portion of the bill. I have no way of verifying if this amount is true since I don't receive a copy of the billing statement each month and have been paying this outrageous amount to avoid conflict. When I check the balance on the account via my mobile phone I see that there is a fairly large outstanding balance of almost $800 and have noticed that the payments being made on the account are well below the $200 amount I been sending. I feel I'm being taken advantage of and would like to move my line out of his family talk plan and into an individual plan where I'm the account holder receiving my own billing statements. Is there anyway of doing this without my father-in-laws approval? The only other alternative is to stop paying him which will only result in him suspending my line and most likely then taking me to court. Please I need your help ;-(

unfortunately to do a tobr you have to be the primary of the account or at least authorized on the account.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I got your private message and responded. Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.