For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Tuesday, November 10th, 2015 10:19 PM

Is there a discount for nurses, first responders?

My father is a retired vet whose has raised two children who are now nurses. My father served this country and is definitely entitled to receive discounts from multiple businesses. My brother and I do use our phones for personal use but we also use it in our profession. We both work with critically ill patients and need our phones to help aid in life or death situations. We also need them so that our employers may contact us for emergencies. If what we do doesn't seem important, imagine it was you or your loved one who needed us or the information we retrieve from our phones. The amount of data we go through is costly but it's also priceless when it comes to saving lives. My family, my coworkers, and countless other healthcare professionals deserve some appreciation from a corporation that profits billions from an industry that knows we need their service to do our jobs. I just wish you all could see that in the long run, you all may need our services to be well enough to do yours.H

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

8 years ago

@TcrisRN wrote:

My father is a retired vet whose has raised two children who are now nurses. My father served this country and is definitely entitled to receive discounts from multiple businesses. My brother and I do use our phones for personal use but we also use it in our profession. We both work with critically ill patients and need our phones to help aid in life or death situations. We also need them so that our employers may contact us for emergencies. If what we do doesn't seem important, imagine it was you or your loved one who needed us or the information we retrieve from our phones. The amount of data we go through is costly but it's also priceless when it comes to saving lives. My family, my coworkers, and countless other healthcare professionals deserve some appreciation from a corporation that profits billions from an industry that knows we need their service to do our jobs. I just wish you all could see that in the long run, you all may need our services to be well enough to do yours.H

Your father can get more information about receiving the veterans discount here; http://www.corp.att.com/gov/military/

Other jobs can receive discounts negoitated through their employers. Check with your human resources department to see if your employers has negotiated such a plan. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I do think AT&T could have some corporate consciousness in this regard but, why are you paying for phone usage that your company is supplying.   Seems to me, your company should have a conscious too.

But, hey, I am the first to support treating first responders with all that they deserve and they deserve just about everything.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

You will have to talk to your employer about a deal with ATT.

ATT does have a discount for active and retired service persons.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

BTW.  I checked with several friends who work as first responders 

1 prison guard

2 town police

1 state police

2 EMT

1 firefighter

I sent the each a text asking if their job increased their data use or cost them extra to be available

Each said, no.  Being on call does require call or text.  While the each get schedules by email or other method, it does not use much data.  They all say they use a lot of text for work.

The prison guard, EMT and firefighter said they get frequent text messages while on and off duty.

All of them have use of other communication while at work and are not required to use their own phones and in some cases are not allowed to use their phones at work (no cell phones in the prison and the firefighter doesn't bring phones off the truck)

My kids use more data delivering pizza....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.