Is text from 11113000 legit?

Contributor

Is text from 11113000 legit?

It says

"AT&T Free Msg: Our thoughts are with you, your family & neighbors during this difficult time. To help you stay connected with loved ones, without the worry of overage charges, your account will be credited for any wireless overages incurred from 4/27/14 - 5/31/14. This credit will be applied to your bill no later than July - you don't need to do a thing."

I just want to make sure because I've been using data like crazy since our internet has been down at our house. And I don't want my dad to get mad if there are any overage charges! 

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Is text from 11113000 legit?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's legit. I don't recognize the phone number, but if you live in or near one of the areas affecting by the tornados, then this probably would've been offered.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Yeah, I live near the affected area. No wonder.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

I recommend calling the regular customer care number, either 611 from your cell phone or 1-800-331-0500, just in case. I'm not familiar with that number either, maybe limited to your area, but customer care will be able to help you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support