Is text from 11113000 legit?

Contributor

Is text from 11113000 legit?

It says

"AT&T Free Msg: Our thoughts are with you, your family & neighbors during this difficult time. To help you stay connected with loved ones, without the worry of overage charges, your account will be credited for any wireless overages incurred from 4/27/14 - 5/31/14. This credit will be applied to your bill no later than July - you don't need to do a thing."

I just want to make sure because I've been using data like crazy since our internet has been down at our house. And I don't want my dad to get mad if there are any overage charges! 

Message 1 of 4 (1,975 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Is text from 11113000 legit?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's legit. I don't recognize the phone number, but if you live in or near one of the areas affecting by the tornados, then this probably would've been offered.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (1,951 Views)
Contributor

Yeah, I live near the affected area. No wonder.

Message 3 of 4 (1,933 Views)
Community Manager

I recommend calling the regular customer care number, either 611 from your cell phone or 1-800-331-0500, just in case. I'm not familiar with that number either, maybe limited to your area, but customer care will be able to help you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (1,901 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.