For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Rabuyuan's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 8:45 PM

Iphone 7 promotion not granted

I switched to direct tv because i was promised by an att representative that i can still avail of the promotion even though i already have iphone 7 prior to switching. I've been waiting for 3 months now and still no credit is being applied. When i called them, now they are telling me that i cannot avail of the promotion anymore because i had the iphone already prior to switching. When i explained to them that the only reason i switched to direct tv was to avail of the free iphone, all they say is they cannot help me. I was giventhe information by their customer representative and they cannot do anything about it because there is no written documentation provided. I've been with att for a long time now and trusted their words over the phone and now they are telling me that i cannot trust what i'm being told. This is very frustrating! One of the managers i talked to even yelled at me for waiting on me to provide the account number. I've never had this terrible experience with att. I hope somebody from the corporate department reads this and be able to help. I would have cancelled both att and direct tv right away if only i dont have to pay the cancellation fee,that's how frustrated i am. If they cant give me what they promised, i hope they let me cancel my accounts without charging for early termination fee.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

This is the promotion...

Did you port your number from another carrier?   

And you had to buy the iPhone 7 after you ported (within 7 days after).   So when did you buy the phone?

IMG_4773.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I already upgraded to iphone 7 before i switched. But before i switched, i asked att if i'll still be able to qualify for the promotion. The person i talked to before i switched said yes that's why i did. But i dont have a written documentation of it thats why they dont want to honor it.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Rabuyuan wrote:
I already upgraded to iphone 7 before i switched.

Sorry, that's not what the promo was.

I'm not sure if they were wrong or misleading, but that's why we always like people to read the offers themselves.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, that's why i called first before i switched. I guess i cant trust what their representatives are saying. They'll saying anything to get customers to switch then take it back. Now i'm stuck with a two year contract that is more than what i was paying with time warner.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Know what? That they cant be trusted? Now i know
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.