Need help understanding your bill?
wildcat77's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 23rd, 2016 1:15 AM

Iphone 6S Plus BOGO Purchased in Feb 2016 * IS A SCAM I AM STILL PAYING ON 4 PHONES IN DEC 2016!!!

I purchased 2 Iphone 6S in Feb 20, 2016 under the BOGO offer of AT&T . I was told that I would need to open new line to receive offer so we did so. I was told that I would have to pay on all 4 phones for the next 2 months and after that time I would be credited for the 2 free phone payments that i had made and the next payments on the 2 free phones would stop . Well it it Dec. 22 , 2016 and i am still making NExt payments on all 4 cell phones and all 4 phones show a balance owed against them . I have been a customer since cingularand have enjoyed AT&t for several years but I have spend hours and hours on the phone and have not been able to get this corrected . HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS AND HOW DO I EVER GET IT FIXED ???? TIRED AT&T CUSTOMER 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@wildcat77 Once it kicks in you keep getting billed for the phones, but they give you the credit each month. You'll have a balance until the Next plan is over.

IF you want help, I've got a few questions (and maybe a couple of followups).

1. What kind of phones were ALL FOUR of them? 
2. Specifically, which Next plans were the phones on? (the free ones)
3. You haven't been late for any of your payments?
4. You added TWO new lines at AT&T at the time of purchase? (these would be the free ones)

5. Are you 100% sure you don't have credits buried in the bill somewhere (you'd be suprised at the people who miss this, since they are still being billed).

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

February iPhone BOGO.  http://about.att.com/story/expands_2_for_1_deal_on_most_popular_smartphones.html

While you looking at the bill, make sure the new line have a Next installment with 30 payments listed.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Gary, 

1. All 4 Phones were IPhone 6s Plus we added 2 new lines and were told that 2 lines would be free. 

2. Not sure what the question is about what next plan ?

3. No

4.  YES

5.  Yes I am the credits are not listed on the bill.

Do you work for AT&T ? I really would like to get this taken care of . Any suggestions ? I have called over 20 times been hung up on or disconnected multiple times. Have been transferred over 6 times on 1 call only to b told I would need to call back the next day. Thank you for any help you may be able to give. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@wildcat77   Check your bill.  The phones had to be purchased on the installment plan.  

Look at your bill.

It should show on all 4 lines the number of payments out of 30.   Probably 10 out of 30.  

That 30 is a big deal.  If you did not use Next at all, or did not have the "free" phone's on 30 payments, that is the problem.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@wildcat77 wrote:

2. Not sure what the question is about what next plan ?

On the bill, where you see the payments for the phone it says something like "Installment 2 of 24", we want to know the two numbers that appear there.

And are the the same for all the new lines?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I want to pay off my installment plan for the bogo iPhones I bought but it shows I owe on balance on both phones that where supposed bogo.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Slimdizzle   Which is exactly the deal you agreed to, but you didn't read.  Nobody reads!

btw.  No matter how many posts you make the answer is the same

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@wildcat77

Did you ever get help resolving this?   As far as we know the Next installment option was the only issue.  In February if was required the phone be purchased on Next installment agreement. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.