Need help understanding your bill?
exchangeguy's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 2:25 PM

Internet sharing?

I've got a new Samsung Focus S (4G) with data plan.  In the settings menu there's an option for Internet Sharing.  When i turn it on i get the following message:  "Connection not shared. To enable tethering on this device go to..."  ..and then it gives me a web address to go to, or dial 611.

Is tethering an additional cost?  I get the phone and service through my company and i was told i had an unlimited (however "unlimited" is being defined these days) data plan.  Is it something i just need to activate?  Obviously i don't want to incur any additional charges, but it would be nice to have tethering enabled if it's already included.

Thanks in advance. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@harryspar wrote:
@wingrider I think you're doing something wrong there.
Ting has Sprint's data network coverage.
If you really see zero data coverage then there might be something down with the website or your browser.
Try ticking the "data" box on top AND zooming in on a city. You should see the data coverage.
Outside of cities you probably won't see much coverage because.... well, because it's Sprint.

doubt it - tried my machine and my collegues machines same exact thing - firefox, chrome, ie9, in airport waiting for international flight to london to board will try again at my hotel in London tonight.  /rofl ting is the old tucows software company.

ting.PNG

1 Attachment

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

I see plenty of coverage on ting.com right now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Am using a HTC X8 device and it's carrier is AT&T. My problem is I can't download stuffs from the Microsoft store that's because I can't sign in although I have I an account

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@quekuenla

Why are you posting on a 4 year old, unrelated thread?

ask your own question, try title, " can't access Microsoft store"

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I can't access my Microsoft store

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@quekuenla.  No.  Ask your own question.  Create a current thread.

image.jpeg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.