For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
EFGuyLuvsIggles's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 12th, 2019 12:43 AM

International Calling Feature

Need a way to sign up for International Calling for a friend on vacation in Costa Rica while they’re already on vacation there. We’ve been communicating by email when they’re in the hotel on WiFi and haven’t been able to do it through the AT&T App by me. Not sure if it’s a problem with communicating the correct account information since there’s half a day delay in email between me asking the question and receiving the answer back. Plus they’re not entirely sure that they have the correct information in the first place. Is there a phone number for ATT Wireless support while you’re in Costa Rica ? Or a way to add International Calling  from an iPhone on WiFi without being charged for it ?

i would appreciate any help that I can get ?

Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Do they have service? If so, they can call the international support number to add an international plan. 

• Support for travel abroad

•  
  • Available 24/7

FREE from mobile phone +1.314.925.6925

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

You can call their US number, you won’t pay a dime. Your friend is the one who would pay roaming charges.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t think that they want to have anyone specifically phone them. They want International Calling and Texting feature. The workaround you’re suggesting wouldn’t satisfy all their concerns as it doesn’t get them International Texting and they want the opportunity to initiate the conversation or reply with a solution to an issue at home.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

Ah, I see what you’re asking.

The number @sandblaster posted is free from their mobile phone.  If they have postpaid service, they can add roaming.  

They don’t need a roaming plan to text, but will be charged 50¢ each for sent texts.   No charge for incoming text they receive.  

Passport is $60 for 30 days use, making all text free.   Day pass is $10 per day when service is used, but uses their existing plan.  (30% tax, so more like $13 per day)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.