Need help understanding your bill?
mocapella's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 5:13 AM

Installment payment options

I'm on a 30 month installment plan but I'd like to pay it off sooner. I can't pay the full balance but I could increase my monthly payment by at least $20. Is this an option?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

No, at this time you can only pay the amount required to become eligible for an unpgrade with a trade-in or pay off the amount completely. You can't change the monthly payment amount applied towards the installment balance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@crazypilot18, yes, AT&T doesn’t want to make it easier than necessary for you to leave. If you don’t like AT&T ‘s payment plans don’t use them. 

Rather than giving the extra amount you want to pay to AT&T, put it in a savings account. Once you saved up what you want, pay off the phone. At least you’ll earn a little bit of interest until you can pay off the phone. 

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Hello @mocapella, and welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!

I am happy to learn you would like to manage your Equipment Installment Plan (EIP)! I can help you with that!

You can manage your EIP via myAT&T app, or att.com. This AT&T Wireless Support article will guide you throughout the process: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009300

The current options available for paying off your device sooner is 1) via full amount pay off, or 2) via "pay to upgrade", where you pay off the amount of installments necessary to become eligible for an upgrade via Trade-In. In the AT&T Next plan (30 months) is after paying installment nunber 24. For Next Every Year plan (24 months) it is after paying installment number 12.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

they do it like that with only pay in full option that way you stick with them thats why they dont let you make partial payments like tmobile etc does,they do it like that because not many peoples can afford the full amount that way they keep you in wasting money and stay longer stay away from att im paying mine full price they are thieves,you pay more that with them besides what the plan cost stay away from them

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@crazypilot18

Your definition of ‘thieves ‘ is curious.   Well, wrong.  You pay the same for the phone, no matter how soon you pay it off.   You can make a large deposit to reduce monthly payments, or save and pay off all at once.  ATT doesn’t have any interest in doing more paperwork, so it’s limited options.  Seeing how many reps make mistakes, I see every reason to simplify. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@crazypilot18 wrote:

they do it like that with only pay in full option that way you stick with them thats why they dont let you make partial payments like tmobile etc does,they do it like that because not many peoples can afford the full amount that way they keep you in wasting money and stay longer stay away from att im paying mine full price they are thieves, you pay more that with them besides what the plan cost stay away from them

AT&T Next charges the cost of the phone divided by the number of months that you choose to pay (no extra cost). There is no "wasting money", Next is a NO interest loan. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

you know what a monthly plan with metro boost mobile etc is 50$ everything included tax etc we had a family plan with att and my line alone 56.04$ in tax and 20$ line acess 70.04$ dont you think is a scam 56$ in taxes hahaha of corse its a scam,tmobile does not charge for roaming outside the us att they do charge 10$ a day another scam

and the  for exmple if you owe 500$ of your phone why they dont let you pay 250$ 150$ or whatever that way the balance goes down like tmobile does,instead of att dont let you do it that way but the full remaining balance why because they want you to stick with them to keep wasting money on them

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

you  are wrong long time ago i did the remaining balance and went to metro pcs 50 $ month no scams and no tax

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@crazypilot18 wrote:
and the  for exmple if you owe 500$ of your phone why they dont let you pay 250$ 150$ or whatever that way the balance goes down like tmobile does,instead of att dont let you do it that way but the full remaining balance why because they want you to stick with them to keep wasting money on them

No, they don't.  But you can pay it off in full any time.  

Besides IF you are using Next for the "upgrade" program, it would be idiotic to make payments in advance. If you can trade your phone in after 12 months to get a new phone, why would you want to pay more than half your phone off in advance, you'd be giving them extra money for NO reason.

you know what a monthly plan with metro boost mobile etc is 50$ everything included tax etc we had a family plan with att and my line alone 56.04$ in tax and 20$ line acess 70.04$ dont you think is a scam 56$ in taxes hahaha of corse its a scam,tmobile does not charge for roaming outside the us att they do charge 10$ a day another scam

So I tell you that you're wrong on payments and you switch gears to plans? 

1) Boost and T-Mo are a bit lower on the pecking order of cellular carrier lists, and it's not because they charge less or give away international travel. Actually, it's more like they are lower and that's IS why they charge less and have to give away service internationally.

2) AT&T has monthly plans that are less than $50, you can get a $30 a month plan from prepaid and with the $40 plan you get to roam internationally for free in Canada/Mexico.  https://www.att.com/prepaid/index.html 

So if you want CHEAP, you can get it, but you get what you pay for...

You do know that 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@crazypilot18 wrote:

Metro and Boost are different carriers.  Both are PREPAID.  You must buy your own phone, no installments allowed.  I pay $34 per line with my ATT postpaid plan.  5 lines, total bill is $168.   

ATT prepaid unlimited is now $45 after auto pay.  With tax, about $50. For better coverage than eithe Boost or Metro.  

T-mobile allows deposits also.  They do not allow partial payments either.  You do know ATT and Verizon copied T-mobile when they decided to use installments right?   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.