Need help understanding your bill?
troyintn's profile

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

Monday, January 16th, 2017 5:53 PM

Incessant robocalls (from telemarketers) since switching to AT&T

Some background here. We were Sprint customers for nearly 12 yrs. Never once during that period did either of us receive a robo/telemarketer call from either line. Within the first week after switching our lines to AT&T theses calls started ...one to two calls per week. This is not a coincidence as we are both careful not to give our numbers to anyone but friends and busines associates. What gives? One of two things have happened here...either AT&T is sharing our numbers for payment (which could explain why AT&Ts CEO has been totally reluctant to jump on board with other carriers to stop these calls) or Sprint sold our numbers when we left as the proverbial middle finger for leaving them. 

Thoughts from anyone? Has anyone else experienced the same problem (specifically after switching carriers to AT&T)?  Also, I would add that severl of our other friends with AT&T are also flooded with robocalls.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T does not share your information.  

AT&T also has a feature which blocks robo calls.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1147710

Enable on your plan, which will direct you to the app and download.  Each line will need its own log in and password to activate the service on their phone.

Since I am not using ATT branded phones or iPhone, I am using an app called DU caller, which works great. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.