Need help understanding your bill?
BC51TFA's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 3:04 PM

IPhone 7 Promotion last Sept.

I signed up for the promotion in 9/16. I traded my paid for, mint condition iPhone 6 for a iPhone 7 and a credit of up to $650 over the life of the att next contract.

To this day, I have not received a single credit on my account! I have spoken live to 3 customer service reps, went to the att store that I signed up at and "chatted" with 2 different customer service agents....NOTHING!

My first call after not receiving a credit on my account for the next billing cycle, I was told for the first time that it would take 2-3 billing cycles before the credit would show.

The next call, a month later, I was told, "you need to be patient, that's all I can do".

The third call, "you will receive a lump credit on your next bill for all of the previous months."

The store visit? They confirmed all of my account info and verified I was part of the promotion. They then said I needed to call "customer service" and they could apply the credits immediately and that this promotion has had problems.

The two chat sessions last Wednesday? The first lasted nearly an hour with a guy named "Breyven". He promised to "bump this to a supervisor" and that it would be "resolved". Due to the length of the session, I had to end it. But I gave him contact info, he said "a supervisor will contact you by tomorrow, at the latest". I have not received a call or email yet.

The last chat was very productive. Especially when she told me that there were no notes from my previous chat session attached to my account!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

We continued and though I expressed my frustration, she was very professional and polite. She gave me a case number and promised resolution by Feb 3. We will see....I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and after she told me there was no notes from my previous chat session, I screen shot the entire session.

I'll post up when resolved.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Update:

Still waiting! I have met twice with the current manager of the store that this all started at. He found (and showed me) all of the original order, it clearly indicates the promo, when my i6 was turned in and when it was received/accepted as a working phone.

This is absolutely the crappiest customer service I have ever experienced. My heels are dug in, I actually "chat" with CS every once and awhile. They spew the same crap every time, "we value you", "I will fix this for you", "the back office is working on this"!!! What a load of crap! If anyone spent ten minutes on this, they could fix it. Everything they need is right there, in their records. CS with ATT is actually Chicken S$$T!

I'm about due to visit the corporate store again. I need another dose of "be patient" LOL

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Well, well, well!!! Though I can't put a price on the time and frustration I have invested with this issue, seeing nearly a $190 in CREDITS does help ease the pain!!!

Guess I'll hang with AT&T a bit longer!

Thanks for the help and support Liz and Gary! Cheers!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm having the same issue. So frustrating!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Babiemama002  

Well, I hope not.  The OP isn't getting $650 in credits because the purchase was not during the promotion and did not qualify.  

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Since my case was "resolved" and I've received a catch up credit, a $27 credit on my last bill and a note saying I have another $27 credit pending.

I'd say that even though the experts claim I was outside of the promotion, I was found to be inside it.

Good Luck Babiemama!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA I still think it's interesting that they solved that one. As you can see the page said 9/25/2016 and continued to read that way until early 2017.

They were actually modifying that page, around 9/17/2016 there was no end date, just "limited time" (or something like that) and they updated it and never updated it again.

@Babiemama002 They actually seem like they've been more flexible with this promo the last few months. Maybe it's my imagination, but I'd guess seen more success stories on this promo in the last few months than I did in From 10/2016 to 32/2017 combined!

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 2.39.31 PM.png

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

I agree Gary! Even the rep that contacted me said I was the first he had seen! He was even going through the same issue!!

Anyways, I knew what I was initially told, had proof to back it up and I was not going away!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I did the same thing.  I called customer service every month, and I was given the run around, or I will be getting my credits the following bill.  I finally spoke with a supervisor early this month July or last month June.  I finally got credits on 3 out of 4 credits.  The worst part of this whole situation is that ATT has turned to the worst in customer service.  Some of the people I have spoken with have mocked me, put me on hold for a long time, hang up, supposedly sent emails to supervisors to call me back (3 out of 3 have not called me back.

Does anyone knows how to contact corporate, or should I just call my local media and have them exposed them.  I am close to cancelling my business with them, and I have been a loyal customer for over 12 years.  This credit promotion issue is not worth the monthly follow up calls, and dealing with some of the rude associates I have experienced.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@robert4all  There is no point dealing with them if you have done all that.  File a compliant with BBB and or state AG office. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Has anyone got this resolved? I have been "chatting" with reps at least monthly since February - every single one promises they will fix it- and now I was just told the offer was expired- which it was not. I went back and found my order email So basically ATT stole a perfect iphone 6 from us.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.