For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
BC51TFA's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 3:04 PM

IPhone 7 Promotion last Sept.

I signed up for the promotion in 9/16. I traded my paid for, mint condition iPhone 6 for a iPhone 7 and a credit of up to $650 over the life of the att next contract.

To this day, I have not received a single credit on my account! I have spoken live to 3 customer service reps, went to the att store that I signed up at and "chatted" with 2 different customer service agents....NOTHING!

My first call after not receiving a credit on my account for the next billing cycle, I was told for the first time that it would take 2-3 billing cycles before the credit would show.

The next call, a month later, I was told, "you need to be patient, that's all I can do".

The third call, "you will receive a lump credit on your next bill for all of the previous months."

The store visit? They confirmed all of my account info and verified I was part of the promotion. They then said I needed to call "customer service" and they could apply the credits immediately and that this promotion has had problems.

The two chat sessions last Wednesday? The first lasted nearly an hour with a guy named "Breyven". He promised to "bump this to a supervisor" and that it would be "resolved". Due to the length of the session, I had to end it. But I gave him contact info, he said "a supervisor will contact you by tomorrow, at the latest". I have not received a call or email yet.

The last chat was very productive. Especially when she told me that there were no notes from my previous chat session attached to my account!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

We continued and though I expressed my frustration, she was very professional and polite. She gave me a case number and promised resolution by Feb 3. We will see....I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and after she told me there was no notes from my previous chat session, I screen shot the entire session.

I'll post up when resolved.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA wrote:

OMG! What is with you "Experts"? 

THE STORE MANAGER AND CSA SAID THE PROMO WAS STILL GOOD AND OFFERED IT TO ME.

The continued posting of "It ended on 9/25" is not the point. I was offered the promotion, signed up for it and traded in my phone. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. The store, their employees and multiple CSA's on the phone have acknowledged that.

I cannot make it any clearer. 

Yet despite what the store manager or any CSA rep told you, you still haven't gotten any credits. Whether or not you want to accept it as the answer, the fact that the promotion did end on the 25th is probably the reason you aren't getting the credits. I hope you get the credits but the "experts" are just being honest with you. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA  

Did you miss the part where I said you entered the "run around zone".  After several days, weeks or months of being told, someone will call you, or they put in a case, or we escalated the case, blah, blah, then maybe you'll realize they just don't have the stones to tell you the truth.  

We have nothing to gain or lose.   Who ever told you they could extend the promotion was at the least wrong, at the most a liar.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

OK Liz, you touched on a very important point, it was two AT&T employees at a corporate store that said the promotion was still active on 9/30. There are two things that could have happened, they flat out lied or they made a mistake.

In my business, if one of my employees makes a mistake that is affecting a customer, I am going to do whatever I can to rectify the mistake. That is Customer Service 101. Even if it will cost me, I'm going to fix it. So far, since no one has contacted me, as promised, nor has AT&T responded in any way, they fail.

Thanks for your reply.

Gary, you mentioned that I originally wanted the credits due and that is correct. At this point in time, I have changed my mind.

I have had my families account with AT&T for over 15 years. I will be shopping in the future for the best service. There are only two outcomes that I will accept:

The application of the outstanding credits to my account.

Or payment/credit to my account for my iPhone 6 at its value on 9/30.

We are not talking a large amount of money here, a few hundred dollars actually. Yet they are essentially jerking me around.

If I do not receive either one of those, by Feb 15, I will be moving forward, including filing claims and complaints with various agencies.

As I was typing this I remembered part of my conversation with the CSA. I told her that this promotion was "to good to be true"! Her reply was "Right?"

Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA   I agree, except ATT has no proof you were lied to and they are rarely inclined to take the customer's word.  They fall back on the written offer.  

Not saying it's right.  

Your request for credit on the iPhone 6 is appropriate.  

Im sure it comes off like we are defending ATT.  Not so much.  We are falling back on the written offer, which is pretty much the trump card every time.  

Until ATT (and all other carriers) stop required sales quotas this kind of stuff will happen again and again, and with every carrier.   The "free" tablet offer is the usual, An employee gets credit for unloading a device and adding a line.   If carriers would realize it also costs them an entire account in the long run, maybe they would change.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks Liz! I apologize for being a butthead earlier. I appreciate your time and responses.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA wrote:
There are only two outcomes that I will accept:

The application of the outstanding credits to my account.
Or payment/credit to my account for my iPhone 6 at its value on 9/30.
We are not talking a large amount of money here, a few hundred dollars actually

That's pretty generous, as it's wa supposed to be $650.

I gave them a 6s with 128GB, so it was an $850 phone that I was not planning on getting rid of for another year (or maybe two), but the $650 value was hard to pass up. 

I'm glad they came through in my case...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA    Lol.   You're upset.   Let's just say you're in good company.  Smiley Wink

I appreciate you can see the problem for what it is.  

I choose to handle my disgruntlement (is that a word) by paying for service only.   I will never buy a phone from att again.  But that's another rant.  

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

So that makes it right?

ATT employees made this promise/offer and took my phone in trade. So as it stands, I am out a perfect iPhone 6 and stuck paying for a new iPhone 7. That's not a very good deal.

You may "accept" that. I refuse to.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BC51TFA wrote:
So that makes it right?

I'm not sure which THAT you are referring to.

ATT employees made this promise/offer and took my phone in trade. So as it stands, I am out a perfect iPhone 6 and stuck paying for a new iPhone 7.

This is awful, I'm not sure if they were lying or mistaken, but that's not okay.

At a minimum, you should be getting some credit for that old iPhone, depending on the configuration/condition the amount will vary. Keep on them for that! 

Staff messing up is the whole reason why the offers are in writing. It's not just protecting them, legally it's protecting you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

??    Persue ATT for a credit on the iPhone.  While it won't be $650 anymore, it should be some thing.  

BTW the 650 offer was sponsored by Apple who was afraid the new iPhone wouldn't sell as well as it did.  Had they known the Note 7 was a fire starter, they might have been more confident.  

You can contact support here >> @ATTMobilityCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.