I was mislead on phone insurance

Mentor

Re: I was mislead on phone insurance

Wingrider, I think if you take the time to read both Scott and my posts, you'll find that we were dissatisfied by the salespersons failure to disclose the true cost of insurance, ie the deductible of $199. Perhaps you think this is ok, you're entitled to your opinion. I would disagree with you. And if I take the word of AT&T employees who have commented on this topic in the past, it's AT&Ts policy to have their salespeople verify that they informed the customer of the $199 deductible at point of sale. In Scott's case, the salesperson failed to live up to AT&Ts customer service standards. He is right to complain, he was mislead by dishonest sales tactics.
Message 16 of 20
Highlighted
Expert

kpryan1982 wrote:
Wingrider, I think if you take the time to read both Scott and my posts, you'll find that we were dissatisfied by the salespersons failure to disclose the true cost of insurance, ie the deductible of $199. Perhaps you think this is ok, you're entitled to your opinion. I would disagree with you. And if I take the word of AT&T employees who have commented on this topic in the past, it's AT&Ts policy to have their salespeople verify that they informed the customer of the $199 deductible at point of sale. In Scott's case, the salesperson failed to live up to AT&Ts customer service standards. He is right to complain, he was mislead by dishonest sales tactics.

Sorry failure to read a binding contract is not dishonest sales tactics. In all the years I have been with att, verizon, sprint, rogers, and other carriers have not had the pleasure of any dishonest sales practices fostered on my business dealings with them, but then I read everything I sign

Message 17 of 20
Mentor

Dishonest sales tactics refers to the practice of AT&T salespeople misrepresenting the cost of insurance. Did Scott make a mistake in not reading the contract? Yes. However the point is that he could have avoided this difficult situation had he not been mislead by his salesperson in the first place.

Please read and comprehend my argument before responding. You're not addressing my argument, that Scott was mislead by his salesperson. If that practice is ok by you, fine. But Scott, myself and even AT&T (at least officially) would disagree with you. Again, it's been stated here that AT&Ts policy is to verify that the sales person has informed the customer of the $199 deductible at point of sale. Scott's salesperson did not meet the requirement of this policy.
Message 18 of 20
Employee

Hey kpryan1982,

I can see your frame of mind, The two of you had an idea what the insurance was, and it wasn't what you was hoping it was.

To clarify and avoid misunderstandings, Asurion sends an email with details about what's covered. Like most insurance companies, they expect you to be aware of it, or at least abide by it's terms. If there's ever a misunderstanding, you're free to contact them and clarify.

I'm sure if somoene saw an insurance saying that they will cover 100%, the next logical step would be to ask 100% of what, in what situations ect

When you're looking to get coverage on something worth as much my car, that's something you check on. If you have an idea about what coverage runs for various industries, getting that much covered, for $6.99 is in the range of too-good-to-be-true.

If you have a chance to send a proper message to ATTCustomeCare, you're right, AT&T wouldn't want to be providing incorrect information and we'll strive to submit a feedback on that representative to ensure correct information about this in the future. AT&T doesnt have the ability to negotiate for for Asurion's rates/deductible. Asurion is exclusively in control of their claims process.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 20
Community Manager

I'd like to thank everyone for participating. This topic has been thoroughly discussed, and this thread is now closed.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support