For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ruthienz's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 8:33 AM

I was deceived

I went to return the mini iPad that supposedly free with a new plan. I was told I will pay a one time payment of $45 per mini iPad (2), I was fine with that. But it was not disclosed or explained that I have to pay $10 per iPad because it was another line that I wasn't aware of. When I checked my account online it shows I have 4 lines 2 lines with phone numbers and cell phone brand that I don't recognized. So, I want to cancel these 2 lines that I would never use & return the mini iPads (still in their packaging). If I have known there's a monthly fee, no way I would accept that supposed free mini iPad. Apparently I. Got the best deal by getting the unlimited plan but then again it was not explained about when reach to 1 gig ( 1gig!!!) of data it would slow your speed.

Guru

• 

901 Messages

7 years ago

If you are on the unlimited data plan, the speeds will not slow down after 1 GB.  The only time the speeds will slow down is if you are on a family shared plan.  If you got the iPads within the past 14 days, you can return them, if not, you will not be able to return them and if you cancel the service, you will have an ETF to pay.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@deenalove08 Tablets on the unlimited plan have an option. They can be added as unlimited for $40/month or added as limited with 1GB of data for $10/month. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

ATT sells cellular service.  Of course the devices they sell, or give away are cellular and require cellular service.  When you thought, " Gee, $400 iPads, what's the catch?"   This was it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The AT&T rep said with this plan you have a choice of a free mini iPad or tablet, with a one time fee. There was not mentioned of $10 /month fee nor it is an added line. I don't need another mini iPad. If I made aware of this I won't have taken or agreed to it. The equipment still in its original packaging. So, it doesn't make sense to pay for it when I don't use it. Free means without a cost or payment

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Sent from my iPhone
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.