I regret buying an AT&T subsidized phone

Contributor

I regret buying an AT&T subsidized phone

Been a long time AT&T customer. Finally upgraded to my first smartphone last week. A $0.00 subsidized refurbished Samsung S4. Last week AT&T sent me a message that the estimeted shipping date would be no later than April 18th. Today, April 16th, I got an email and a test message saying this order has been backordered, and will be cancelled if not filled within the next 30 days. I bought a Urban Armor Gear case for $34 already, after I received the email/text that my Samsung S4 was going to be shipped by April 18th.

Also, I would advise people always to go to a brick and mortar AT&T store to purchace a new phone. I founk out after the fact that had I fully paid for a phone that was AT&T compatible elsewhere, I could have saved $15/month simply by switching my sim card to the new phone. Now, IF I GET THE S4, I will have to pay $180 more per year because I purchased a subsidized AT&T phone.

I had the opportunity to get an S$ in very good shape for $150, which would have saved me $30 the first year, and $180 per year for every subsequent year.

If you are planning on upgrading your AT&T phone, please save yourself some money and do it your way and not AT&T's way.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Master

Re: I regret buying an AT&T subsidized phone

You may be in luck.  Since your new phone has been back-ordered, you can call them and cancel the upgrade order, then "upgrade your way" after all and save yourself the money.  I would say that you should be happy that your phone back-ordered giving you a chance to realize that you could purchase another route and save yourself even more money.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support