For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ngocgiau1983's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 6th, 2017 6:45 PM

I need to change my phone number

New phone number

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

6 years ago

How to change your number

What to know before changing your wireless number
  • You can change your number for free within 30 days of activation. After 30 days, there’ll be a $36 change fee charge.
  • Your monthly service charge will be prorated between your old and new numbers.
  • Write down any important voicemail messages tied to your old number, as they won't transfer.
  • You need to create a new greeting for your new number.

Get a new number

• Go to Account & services > My wireless.
  • Scroll and select the device you want to transfer a number to > Manage device & features
  • Select See more device options > Change a wireless number.
  • Follow the prompts to get a new number.

After changing your number

Important details
  • There isn't a feature to provide callers with your new number. Callers dialing your old number will hear: The number you dialed is not a working number, please check the number and dial again.
  • Your myAT&T profile and Star Services codes reflect information for your new wireless number. 
  • iPhone® users: You must sync your device with iTunes. The Visual Voicemail feature won't work until this is complete.

Re-establish existing features

These features don't carry over from your old number to your new number and should be updated:

Source: Change your wireless number

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I think my email was given to you by mistake. Emails are being sent to me as an error.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

what does it mean my service will be prorated? is it going to change it?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

@crystalfaith You posted on a 3 year old unrelated thread. Your question makes no sense without context. Please start your own thread and ask a complete question. What you posted is not enough to know what you are talking about.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It is not true that you can change your number within 30 days of activation, at least not online. Why is this feature still broken online and unavailable within the first 30 days? It's borderline fraudulent for AT&T to make the claim it's possible to make this change within 30 days for free, then not allow you to do so until after 30 days, then charge you $36 for it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.