Need help understanding your bill?
Jchupp1185's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 5th, 2015 6:31 AM

I need help blocking a phone number

I have already blocked the number from calling me but they are still able to send texts. Please I need help to block the texts too. They have been sending some pretty graphic texts and I need it to stop.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I actually just another search on AT&T and found the answer I was looking for. It's not as straight forward as just adding the number to the reject list on the call screen. You actually have to block them in the message part too. I wish there was just one simple way to block a number. Like "boom" blocked and your done. Maybe it's something the phone people should redesign for future phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Which phone do you have?

And based on the content, it may be a police matter.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

I agree it should be that simple.  I certainly don't want a text from a caller I block.

glad you found your answer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello, I have the HTC 626 Desire cell and I have a question. I blocked one of my contacts, is there a way to view whether or not, this blocked person has been calling or texting me?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

I beleive the calls still show on your online account details.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I cannot find how to block a text! I am getting texts regarding accidents and locations to get to in order to assist. I have sent messages to stop but they just keep coming. I have searched the site but cannot find out how to block a text.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

Everything at ATT.com is hard to do.  If you call customer service, they will tell you that you can do that on the website, but it's not as easy as it sounds.  If you still can't call them back and they will be glad to help you and talk to you like you are stupid cause you couldn't do it from the website.  Hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Is there a way to block calls and texts from a certain phone number on the att.com/mygophone webpage without having the device on hand?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

i want to block a number

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I think you will be able to see in the call history of the phone if the person you have blocked has been calling you or not.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.