Need help understanding your bill?
pennye's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 23rd, 2018 3:57 PM

I need a record of a phone call from 2 years ago..

How do I get a phone record from 2 yrs ago? Of a particular phone call and time?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Constructive ATT has phone records back at least 7 years, maybe longer. @pennye You need to call and request a bill reprint. Make sure you ask for the detailed call records, otherwise you will just get the billing details. As noted, there is a $5 charge for each bill reprinted but you get one free reprint per year.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@donatovera No, you can not. ATT only has the last 16 months of call records online. For anything older, only the billing information is available, not the detailed call logs.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

you would need to know the exact month of the call then call and ask for that month, they will charge you 5.00 for the past bill if they even go back that far.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

CAN I GET DETAILED CALL RECORDS OF xxx-xxx-xxxx

JANUARY 2016

FEBRUARY 2016

MARCH 2016 

APRIL 2016 

MAY 2016 

JUN 2016 

ALSO DETAILED CALL RECORDS OF xxx-xxx-xxxx

JANUARY 2016 

FEBRUARY 2016 

MARCH 2016 

APRIL 2016 

MAY 2016 

JUN 2016 [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

And you surely arent going to get anything here in a public forum you need to call in and prove you own the numbers, if you dont own the numbers you wont get anything

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So sorry to bother you about this question but you had said to someone that it is possible for them to get their call history for up to 7 years ago? But, as I look at other posts from other people, they have said 16 months is the limit.... I have to be able to show proof in court that a conversation did take place between my friend and my ex district manager in the year 2017. Is that a possibility? Thanks for your time

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@earechiga0803 Sixteen months is all you can get online. For anything older than what is online, you must call and request a bill reprint. You need to specifically ask for the detailed call logs but whether or not ATT can provide them is unknown and may depend on how far back you need.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@earechiga0803, we always thought 16 months is the limit; but another customer recently said they received call details farther back. It’s certainly worth a try. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

It was a disaster for me to request the calls log history with them.. Called total four times. I’ve agreed to pay $5 for each reprint detailed call log. The first time they told me it will arrive in 10 days. Waited two weeks. Nothing. Called again and was told to wait a couple more days. Waited. Still nothing. Called again the third time. Spent 1 hour on the phone with them just to go over the process of which months I had requested. Called again the fourth time. Spend another two hours with them on the phone. This time I had to speak to the manager. I was told that she couldn’t  pull up any records unless I have a subpoena from the court. This is unbelievable. She told me to pay some (Edited per community guidelines) to write up a subpoena then bring it to the court and mail it to them.  What kind of business is this? Why is it so difficult for them to just reprinted out and mail it to me? I’ve been with AT&T for 18 years. Not happy with their customer service. I was furious with the manager I talked to. Thinking switching over to Verizon. 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@norachan 

You don’t need a subpoena if you can identify the records as belonging to you.  
What is available to the account owner is a bill reprint, with  details.  
Details are time, date and number - nothing else.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.