I'm paying 130 a month just to use my iPhone5s, Is this normal or did i get set up?

Contributor

I'm paying 130 a month just to use my iPhone5s, Is this normal or did i get set up?

Everyone i tell this to is comepletely shocked by it. I'm paying 130$ a month just to use one phone and nothing else, This is not including the extra I had to pay for the phone and the deposit.

When i originally asked, they told me this was the cheapest plan possible.

I moved to study here and had no idea what price it's supposed to be. 
Doing some maths, I will be paying twice more than getting my phone straight from apple and buying an equivalent data plan.

Is that normal? why would someone buy a data plan when the phone is Cheaper?

I get 4GB data a month and the rest is basics. (as low as possible)
Had an emergency last month where i went overbudget on the data and ended up paying 170 a month.

I honestly feel scammed

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: I'm paying 130 a month just to use my iPhone5s, Is this normal or did i get set up?

Zerion wrote:

Everyone i tell this to is comepletely shocked by it. I'm paying 130$ a month just to use one phone and nothing else, This is not including the extra I had to pay for the phone and the deposit.

When i originally asked, they told me this was the cheapest plan possible.

I moved to study here and had no idea what price it's supposed to be. 
Doing some maths, I will be paying twice more than getting my phone straight from apple and buying an equivalent data plan.

Is that normal? why would someone buy a data plan when the phone is Cheaper?

I get 4GB data a month and the rest is basics. (as low as possible)
Had an emergency last month where i went overbudget on the data and ended up paying 170 a month.

I honestly feel scammed

The mobile share plan for one phone with 4 GB of data is $95. http://www.att.com/att/planner/#fbid=f1EQTTxwZ5B

A couple questions: 

1. What are the monthly charges on you bill (i.e. before taxes and surcharges). 

2. Do you have any additional services: mobile insurance, roadside assistance, etc. These will be listed as line items on your bill.

3. Did you purchase your phone through the NEXT program? That, too, will add a monthly charge.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Employee

Re: I'm paying 130 a month just to use my iPhone5s, Is this normal or did i get set up?

I'd personally reccomend you review the alternatives.

Visit www.myattrpc.com

A large portion of this depends on the combination of your data usage and contract.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Scholar

Is this your first bill? If so, then it will always be a little high due to activation fees, and other local/governmental fees.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support