Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I'm being charged for a buy one get one free iPhone I bought June 2016.

Tutor

I'm being charged for a buy one get one free iPhone I bought June 2016.

After combing through my att bill because of unrelated questions, I realize that I've been charged for a buy one get one free iPhone that I purchased June of 2016.  I feel so sick.  I shouldn't have trusted my bill was correct (they don't mail me a hard copy).  Has anyone had this happen?  Have they corrected the mistake?  What should happen is that all of the money I've spent on the free phone should be credited back to my account.  I've had so many att problems and I'm ready to get as far from them as possible. 

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎07-01-2017 12:42 PM

Re: I'm being charged for a buy one get one free iPhone I bought June 2016.

You will always be billed for the phone.  But after 3 months a credit should be applied against the bill for 1/24 or 1/30 of $650.  (21.67 or $27.08)

Are you sure you qualified?   The majority of those who didn't get credits, and come here, never qualified.  

Did you add a new line for the free phone? Phone must be purchased on that line.

When did you buy?

What phones did you buy?

Did you purchase with Next?  Yes

Have you paid on time each month?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 13
Tutor

Thank you.  Yes to all so I will search for the credits.  Thanks for your response. 

Message 3 of 13
Tutor

Yes. I found the credit on my bill.  These bills are very difficult to read.  Thank you for helping me understand. 

Message 4 of 13
ACE - Sage

We'll hit the easy button!  Glad you found the credits.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 13
Contributor

Yes,  I just realized that I was not receiving any credits against the second phone.  

How do you get AT&T to fix this problem?

Jeanne L.

Message 6 of 13
ACE - Sage

@Sunsetlee2

More information?

When did you buy the phones?

Which phones did you buy?

Did you add a line to ATT?

Some BOGO offers required you port a number from the competition, or have DirecTV service.

The BOGO offers had strict but simple requirements.  If you missed one, credits are not applied.

Message 7 of 13
Contributor

I just bought 4 new phones. 2 have new numbers to get the BOGO offer. I understand I will be paid back for the 'free' phones in monthly installments, which I'm not too happy about, but I get it. My question is: what about the 3 months delay? Do we actually get that money back? Also, I was told I qualified based on when and how and what I purchased. Is there a way to confirm this? Could I be surprised in 3 months to find I missed dotting some I or crossing some T?

Any information or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Message 8 of 13
ACE - Sage

@kennyg49yo

https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphone/apple-iphone-7.html#sku=sku8040300

The BOGO requirements require new lines and TV service.  If yu fulfilled all the requirements, the credits start with a lump sum to catch up.  

Please read the deal, so as you say, no surprises.

Message 9 of 13
Contributor

I bought 2 new phones in July called the service department after I bought them to see if 

I am eligible for the promotion.  The service department agreed I could receive the promotion and that it would be deducted from my bill starting 3 months after.  I have called 4 different times each time the represenative assured me the deductions with show up on the next billing cycle.....4 different representatives (4 different people) the last lady I talked to gave me a guarantee it would show up on the next bill.  I then called back and talked to a supervisor and he pulled up my account looked at the 4 different conversations and told me he did not know why they would tell me this and that it was disturbing to him. We urged back and forth and at the end he just said Im not eligible and that was it. I'm not sure if anyone has talked to this guy.....Zaheer Employee ID ZD266J but I would recommend talking to someone else....He is rude and very arrogant.  I'm just wondering why 4 people told me I would get my money back and he says no.

Message 10 of 13
Contributor

I have the same issue. I got credit for around six months but then it has stopped now for a year and I am finding it now as I was in middle of relocation till now.

Message 11 of 13
Contributor

I signed up with AT&T under their “buy one iPhone X, get one free” only to find out that they have been charging me for both phones since day one. I found out about this just recently and I am so angry. So angry. It’s only been a few months with AT&T but I vow that once my contract is up, I will never return to this joke of a company

Message 12 of 13
ACE - Sage

@Joenelly35 wrote:

I signed up with AT&T under their “buy one iPhone X, get one free” only to find out that they have been charging me for both phones since day one. I found out about this just recently and I am so angry. So angry. It’s only been a few months with AT&T but I vow that once my contract is up, I will never return to this joke of a company

All carriers ALWAYS bill for all phones.  A credit is applied if you met the requirements.   If you are not getting credits, either you did not meet the requirements, did something to void the deal, or an error was made from the start.  

You might want to start by asking ATT “what’s up?”

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support