Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I can't login into my AT&T account

Contributor

I can't login into my AT&T account

I need to login to pay my bill, now it's all accumulated over time. My account is under my phone number, but I don't remember my password. And when I do "forgot password" it would say the user id is incorrect and then I would get an email. Please help.
Message 1 of 19
ACE - Master

Re: I can't login into my AT&T account

@Nengadai1 wrote:

The suggested solution is misinformation.  Since ATT is still supplying this false information routinely via Chat and Phone support, including international support contacts, I assume the misinformation is deliberate.

I was eventually told by a supervisor at ATT that all users outside the US will be unable to access their accounts and will receive the messages reported elsewhere, regardless of whether they use a computer or the mobile app.  Only the message details vary.

I was told this was done to enhance security.

I was also advised to use a VPN when outside of the country.  I tried that and it worked.

I do not know why ATT believes that allowing access via a VPN, where my true identity and location are disguised, would enhance security.  By contrast, Bank Of America allows foreign access as long as a VPN is NOT USED and blocks access if a VPN is used.

The suggested solution has nothing to do with logging in from a foreign country. 

I doubt AT&T believes using a U.S. VPN to access your account from a foreign country is more secure. That's just a work-around that AT&T has chosen (intentionally or unintentionally) not to restrict. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19
Tutor

I cannot login from a foreign country without using a VPN.

I can login from a foreign country when using a VPN showing a USA location.

How can you say the solution has nothing to do with a VPN?

Message 17 of 19
Tutor

I don't know if ATT formally recommends using a VPN.  It is what I was told by an ATT supervison at the chat support site.

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : I can help you check your options here

Me : 10 minutes

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : I can see here that for all customers logging in outside of US, you will encounter error since AT&T has set a limit that customers can only access it within the US. I would highly recommend that you can just make a payment through chat

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : No worries, you can also download VPN on your phone

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : This is an app that you can download through App store or Google play

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : That way, this will remove the restriction

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : You may also want to try that our

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : out*

Message 18 of 19
Contributor

I have some lost my password to my account online for my pre paid at&t and have tried everything.. just will not let me recover it and I do not have time to set on the phone. Please help

Message 19 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support