Need help understanding your bill?
abhbeh's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 28th, 2018 6:43 PM

I am afraid of talking to your customer service related to billing and payments

Hello, I have been an AT&T wireless customer for more than 10 years. I found something strange what happened last month. I was set for auto payment and everything was going well. I saw 2 credit card charge within 2 weeks and called customer service. The representative told me that there is a system issue and it should not have charged 2nd time soon. She also told me that it will charge on the auto payment date. She reversed the last payment and messed up my auto payment information. I called 2nd time to confirm if auto payment is setup properly because I saw some message when I logged into AT&T app. I was told twice that everything is correctly setup and nothing to worry. However, I did not see their system charging me on the due date and it told me 'payment is overdue'. I called the customer service and I did not get an explanation why the payment did not go thru. I was trying to avoid disconnection, so I gave the same credit card information to the representative. He was able to process the payment, but I got a message later saying that I have to pay $5 extra in next bill which representative did not mention to me. 

I was thinking the auto payment will go thru next month. I keep seeing that same error. I had no change in credit card, but I have to change a credit card this time to have that setup for future.

I wish, customer calls are recorded. It has been a horrible experience. I am afraid now to call customer service to avoid more mess up.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

I suspect your payment should have been left alone.  

The $5 fee is for processing your payment with a person. 

Questions:

1.   Are you a Wireless (cell phones) only customer?   (This is not the Internet portion of the forum)

2.   Confirm you are on auto pay with credit card?

3.  Are you on an older tiered plan (mobile share Value or Advantage plan)?

4.  Did you get this following email 2 months ago.....

6917BF4C-C83E-4E91-A439-29B9A3BA3A8F.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Hello,

I am wireless only customer. I used to have internet, but disconnected due to similar frustration.

I am on shared 5gb plan.

I was frustrated why the representatives misled me all the time. I was not even told that I will be charged that $5 fee.

I did not understand why the payment was voided. My credit card was on file all the time for auto payment. Why your system was showing “auto payment did not go thru”?

Should the customer be charged extra for mistakes made by the representative?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

As it says in my tag line, I don’t work here.  I can’t see your account or bill.  

Check your email from ATT.   Read the email they sent me.  Auto pay by credit card is taken earlier 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Hey I’m having very similar issues, every time I go into the store or call customer service I am literally there for hours on end and several times trying to get it corrected and it never does and I’ve had AT&T for ever but I had canceled my personal line whenever my company had us using company phones. So in GREAT standings, I canceled my 4lines. A few years later the company had us all do personal cell phones so I went to AT&T and they looked at my account and it showing that I had never made any late payments or anything so they offered me all this extra because of my lPast history with using them as my provider. And again that was mid January 2017 and every since then I’ve  I have had issues one right after another and every customer service representative guarantees tells me they are documenting it because I ask them to put a note in my chart every time I call in.....  because every time what I was previously promised doesn’t reflect on the next billing cycle and I called back to the new representative they say oh that’s nowhere on here or that’s nowhere in your notes.  and I have spent so much ridiculous efforts in trying to get this corrected. That I’m to the point I’m about to find a different provider, because paying $300 a month sometimes $600 a month for single cell phone and not even having service or calls, missing at minimum 2 to 3 a day costing me money for my work. I’ve gone up there and went through their whole entire “waste of time, and a way to put you off to the next rep. Or store front’  of them doing a hard reset, updating, looking at it via remote access just to say that there’s nothing Needed to be corrected on their behalf as the issue is not a result of their service. But instead the phone itself. But now even with the rain new iPhone X I have the exact same issues. So my question is is did you ever get yours resolved, and if so would you mind sharing how to go about that?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry for all the grammar punctuation and miss use of wording. I had voice text this message out. But I think you can get the gist of what I’m saying or asking. Thank you 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Jayrachel17

There is no way one cell phone has a $300 to $600 bill unless you are racking up huge overages.  Since ATT has unlimited plans for over 2 years, that wouldn’t make sense.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I had to call the customer service for another concern. She addressed my previous concerns and took care of that. You can close this thread.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@abhbeh

You can unsubscribe by clicking on the 3 dots in your first post.  

Glad you got a fix

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

It does not apply to this thread.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have a similar problem, its not right how AT&T treats there customers now, we have been customers for years and never had problems until now so somethings changed. I feel hopeless calling back and asking for help because no one believes what you say despite their employees purposely lying to get you off the phone and then when you call back they tell you theres no way to believe what you say and the calls aren't recorded and they cant get you in touch with their manager to correct the damage and lies they've said. I feel like no matter the company or business, what customer representatives should have to be held accountable. 

Please help me 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.