Need help understanding your bill?
jbfoulks's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 25th, 2016 2:12 AM

Closed

I HATE AT&T! DO NOT USE AT&T!

We recently bundled our services-Uverse Internet, Direct TV, and Wireless-We were told this would save us money. On our MyAT&T app, it showed our new bill as $519.00 when it sould have been no more than $250.00. Within a 30 day period, I had called AT&T over 10 times with different problems. I also spoke to 3 supervisors, all of whom assured me I would not have to worry about my bill anymore. Yeah, right. My most recent problem with the bill is that AT&T charged my debit card my total bill twice (I had to call after our autopay didin't work like I was assured it would when I spoke to a representative on a previous call). I called to inform them of the error and they refuned me the duplicate charge. Well, now my new bill says I owe for the past 2 months. An AT&T representative told me there records show all payments were refuned. I checked my bank's app and called my bank and was told, no, they only refuned you the one duplicate charge. So, AT&T did get my previous months payment. AT&T is a fraudulent company with no respect for their customers. I am only writing this note because I was just disconnected again while being transferred to the "department that could definitely fix my problems with the bill". And when no one called back (because AT&T taks a contact number in case you get disconnected, someone will call back) I called and was told by the automated service that the department was closed and I should call back durning buisness hours. My total time on the phone before being disconnected was 1 hour and 2 minutes. Like I said AT&T has terrible customer service. A mistake every once in a while I can understand, but when it's every few days and something is wrong, that is unacceptable. Not once has this comapny followed through with what they promised or attmpted to be accountable for their mistakes and poor service. So, tomorrow I will be back on the phone attempting to correct the trouble and mistakes AT&T has caused for my family. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Its' not worth your time, money, or frustration.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have played the cable/internet/phone billing game for years and ATT is the best at playing it.  Here's how it works:  You sign up and work out a reasonable plan.  3 month later the "deal" wears out and you find your bill is a couple hundred dollars higher, so you go down to the ATT store and complain.  They apologize (might even promise a gift card that never appears) and put you back in a "reasonable" plan.  That doesn't eliminate the fact that for one month you get to pay an outrageous ATT bill!  Now you begin the cycle again only to have to repeat this process 3-6 months down the road, and again you get to pay an outrageous bill for the one month.  Pretty neat system as 3 or 4 times a year you get to shell out $400-$500 for the privilege of service.

Wouldn't it be nice if ATT treated their existing customers the same way they roll out the red carpet for new business?    You have to get a kick out of the shell game they play with their subsidiary DTV.  One company yet they play good cop/bad cop with each other depending on which service you are complaining about.  We just switched back to ATT from DTV and I am about to enter the fight over their "early-termination" and "service activation" fees...both going to the same entity, what a scam!!!!  As soon as something else comes along we are bailing out of this endless and expensive charade.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

So then you are braggin because the survey didn't put you dead last?   There's an ad campaign:  "Hey go with us, we're no worse than the other guys!"

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@hadnuff wrote:

So then you are braggin because the survey didn't put you dead last?   There's an ad campaign:  "Hey go with us, we're no worse than the other guys!"

No.  Accuracy has its place, and this is it.   ATT is not the largest wireless carrier, Verizon is not the most expensive, T-mobile pulls the "free tablet" scam too, Sprint is last in reliability.   

Any other delusions?  I will pop those bubbles too.

ATT has significant customer service problems and is properly placed in the report.   The fact that all 4 major carriers are at the bottom is very telling.  One might hope a wake up call.

fYI.... I pay for Cox internet and basic cable and stream the rest.   Cheaper, and actually always something to watch.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

After 20 years in Alabama using AT&T I have cancelled all my accounts as of mid-Feb 2017. That includes a small business phone, a house phone, a fax line, high speed internet service and for the last couple of years Direct TV.  I have dug the dish out of the back yard, put it in the trash and had the landline box and wires removed from the outside of my home. If it comes down to no other options but AT&T I will do without phone service altogether. Since the number of landlines declines every single year it won't be long before people don't even consider an AT&T phone.

There are many reasons not to do business with them.  Some of those reasons, like an automated customer service system from Hades, the inability to follow through with most of what they promise, and the pitiful fact that you get a different answer from everyone you speak to are what led me to cancel services. BUT what has convinced me to NEVER, EVER go back....even if they offer it for free (which we all know will not happen) is the hassle, penalties, and difficulties I have experience in trying to sever ties with them. 

For Direct TV I was charged $180 for cancelling before the end of the contract.

For the Business line that gets more spam calls than business calls I was charged $155 for stopping service. No long distance in 20 years, when it rained it had so much static you could barely hear, no extras...just a phone.

The internet was mostly ok, just expensive.

I have paid what was supposed to be the final bill twice now. I was told they owed me a refund which never came so I called today to ask and was told that I still owed them $350.00. I was so angry that I said words I didn't even know I knew. Then I was so embarrassed that I paid it on the credit card over the phone. Now I will have to go through all my bank statements to dig up proof that I have paid them, paid them and paid them. 

Oh, and the refund they never paid, the one that never came, that refund mysteriously disappeared from my records. They have no idea what I am talking about.

Hang onto your piece of mind, hang onto your money, hang onto your sanity and choose another company...any other company.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@AngryInAlabama Sounds like you should have canceled a LONG time ago.

It's not really their fault you canceled before your contract was over.

They also can't control the spam calls.

If the internet was too expensive, you should have switched...

If you had static, you should have switched long ago or made them fix it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This company used to be good. I had the same thing happen to me. A AT&T representative lied to me and told me that if I bundled my Direct TV with my internet it would save me money. He NEVER mentioned he was signing me up for a two year contract and that my rates would INCREASE not decrease. I learned two days later I was in a contract when I received an email. I called AT&T immediately and was on the phone with numerous representatives and 3 different supervisors for what amounted to at least 3 hours. I was assured they would issue a ticket and have another department call me to resolve the issue. No one ever did and I just had to pay a direct tv bill that was double what I used to pay before I bundled. I am so disgusted with this company. I used to recommend AT&T and have been with them a long time. I can't stand their dishonesty and lack of care or morals.  What they did was illegal. I even asked for the recording of my conversation - no where in that conversation did the AT &T rep EVER say I was being entered into a two year contract. Absolutely horrible company.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

When I bundled my ATT wireless with Directv, did not receive a 2 year contract and my Directv bill went down $10.00 per month. 

Did you you receive a new genie receiver, know that you go into a 2 year contract I'd you upgrade your receiver?  

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

When I bundled my ATT wireless with Directv, did not receive a 2 year contract and my Directv bill went down $10.00 per month. 

Did you you receive a new genie receiver, know that you go into a 2 year contract if you upgrade your receiver?  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Fl_retire wrote:

I don't think they do the $10 combined bill discount any more. Not saying you don't get it, but I don't think you can sign up for it any more.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

I have not found anything on the $10.00 bill combined discount lately also. Check ATT's website frequently to see if there is any new deals. Last deal I got was the new unlimited plus for one line with the $25.00 and free HBO Directv deal since I have Directv. Adding the discount and 15% vetern discount made  the new unlimited plan and Directv cheaper than the old grandfathered unlimited. Was going to go to the 3GB plan but total bill about the same. 

If if people would read the requirements and rules and the highlight any items in question, there would  be less problems. 

Have the IPhone 6 Plus and don't think the next IPhone has anything that I need/require in a cell phone. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.