Need help understanding your bill?
jbfoulks's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 25th, 2016 2:12 AM

Closed

I HATE AT&T! DO NOT USE AT&T!

We recently bundled our services-Uverse Internet, Direct TV, and Wireless-We were told this would save us money. On our MyAT&T app, it showed our new bill as $519.00 when it sould have been no more than $250.00. Within a 30 day period, I had called AT&T over 10 times with different problems. I also spoke to 3 supervisors, all of whom assured me I would not have to worry about my bill anymore. Yeah, right. My most recent problem with the bill is that AT&T charged my debit card my total bill twice (I had to call after our autopay didin't work like I was assured it would when I spoke to a representative on a previous call). I called to inform them of the error and they refuned me the duplicate charge. Well, now my new bill says I owe for the past 2 months. An AT&T representative told me there records show all payments were refuned. I checked my bank's app and called my bank and was told, no, they only refuned you the one duplicate charge. So, AT&T did get my previous months payment. AT&T is a fraudulent company with no respect for their customers. I am only writing this note because I was just disconnected again while being transferred to the "department that could definitely fix my problems with the bill". And when no one called back (because AT&T taks a contact number in case you get disconnected, someone will call back) I called and was told by the automated service that the department was closed and I should call back durning buisness hours. My total time on the phone before being disconnected was 1 hour and 2 minutes. Like I said AT&T has terrible customer service. A mistake every once in a while I can understand, but when it's every few days and something is wrong, that is unacceptable. Not once has this comapny followed through with what they promised or attmpted to be accountable for their mistakes and poor service. So, tomorrow I will be back on the phone attempting to correct the trouble and mistakes AT&T has caused for my family. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Its' not worth your time, money, or frustration.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Angrygrandmom

You can use the store locator here.  https://www.att.com/maps/store-locator.html

Compqny stores are directly owned and operated by ATT.

Authorized retailers are franchise stores.  While they should know the products as services, they don't always.  

Since the employees in either kind of store are working on some kind of commission, it is important we be educated consumers.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

First, a shout out to Elijah  in Customer Service, who hung up on me!  

To anyone reading this:  Please save yourself time, money and frustration and do not Switch to AT&T.  I wish I had looked here before I did.

Today I am quitting AT&T.

I bit on the offer to switch to AT&T.

First, THE GIFT CARD SCAM.

Was supposed to get 2 gift cards for trading in our iPhones at the AT&T Store.  Applied online and learned it would take SIX weeks to get them.  Looked to check on them, and learned it could take up to EIGHT WEEKS.  Called after 8 weeks and was told it could take up ;to TWELVE weeks.  At 12 weeks, I learned they had no proof of the old phones being turned in. [There was no request to upload the receipts when I applied].  Amazingly, my name and numbers didn't bring up the receipts with my name and numbers on them.  I contacted corporate.  I received 2 cards in 4 days.  One for $100 and the other for $120, the amounts on the letter accompanying them, and confirmed when you activated them.  Both had $100.  

Then THE DATA USAGE SCAM

Yes, I went with 2 GB to make to save money.  Everything was fine for 3 months.  Month 4, we were using tens of thousands of KB and MB 24 hours a day!   Month 5, we went over and were billed for another GB, then a day later, another and another, etc.  Stunning amounts of data usage at 12A and 3A and around the clock. OK, but I got charged a whole GB when I only used .01 GB...and it didn't roll over.  So, fine.  we turned data off.  Turned it on only when using it.  Lost my phone, and discovered that Find My iPhone doesn't work when Data is off.  Funny, huh?  OK, so I had to pay the copay, etc., so decided to leave ATT so I could afford to leave data usage ON, and I went online and paid off the contract for the phone I lost and transferred the number to a new carrier.....done?  NO!

Finally, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SCAM

Called and confirmed that I was done and the nice lady asked me why I was leaving.  Told her about the gift card mess, and she told me it was understandable.  Then I got notice of my bill online, and there was the phone payoff I had paid online still on my bill.  Spent 65 minutes with 3 people trying to explain the issue, and was finally assured it was taken care of.  Looked on my credit card a few days later...$514!  Nothing changed.  Called and spent a half hour with two (hang up, as above, and another) people and was assured that my account would be credited within 24 hours, and I woiuld recieve a confirmation email that night....3 days ago.  No credit on my card yet.    

So, I quit.  Nada mas.  I have no more time to waste trying to get AT&T to do what they say they will do, because I honestly believe they never intended to in the first place..

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

The AT&T modem for my internet service failed.  They provided a new one without telling me this was going to add $7 a month from now on as an equipment charge!  Their equipment, which I had already paid for, only had a life span of two years, and now I am on the hook forever to pay for this new modem!  What a scam.  No one told me this would happen.  They did warn me that the failed modem had to be returned by me within ten days or pay a $100 charge!  They make me drive to a UPS office to do this, the tech could not just take it with him.

So, a week without service, a nifty new way to charge customers more because their equipment quit working after only two years, down $20 for a phone card so I could keep calling and getting an automated answer.  Finally I talk to technical support, only to find out this guy was not a technician, he had to call one for answers.

How to jack up the price for customers:  provide equipment with a short life span, make them pay for it, then when it fails, make them pay forever for the new equipment.

Sheesh, this company just does not care about customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@sammyy

You should contact Uverse and question that.  Either you paid for the modem in full when you signed up for service, (I paid for mine in 3 installments of $33 ) or you were paying a monthly rental.  You should not have to ship back a unit you paid for.  

If they sent you a new modem, you have to pay the rent, but if it fails, they must replace it  no charge.  

Please contact the correct department, this is the cell phone forum.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I cancelled my direct tv. After bundling my services . And going on auto pay . No charges were ever taken until getting my service shutoff for nonpayment. I called in. Found out my bill had climbed to 645$ and made payment arrangements on Tuesday. Despite the fact that this is an error from the att side. It's now Friday and my services are shut off again. And 4 representatives have been so rude to me. And I can't take it. I was told Tuesday that my payment schedule would keep my services on. And now on Friday if my account isn't paid in full I have no internet for my work or direct TV. So forget it. I don't need to be treated like this. I'd rather watch Netflix and Hulu for 20$ then pay 200$ a month to a company with zero accountability or integrity. BYE!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I had my service transfer and they reported me to the credit place saying i had my service cut off big face LIE i pay my bill every month

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

If I wanted to hear a lie after lie after lie, I'd watch a White House press briefing by Sean Spicer and smile compared to the nightmare that AT&T has put me through since I bundled internet and DirecTV. I was on a local cable company internet since I moved into this house 7 years ago, but my TV service has been DirecTV. What a sad day it was for consumers when the SEC approved the merger of AT&T and DirecTV. They had previously turned Rupert Murdoch and News Corp. down for merger a few years back and I sighed a relief that I wouldn't have to deal with that money grubbing fascist, but lo and behold; I think dear Rupert would have done a much better job than AT&T. When I called to install AT&T U-verse and was told that there would be no installation fee and no deposit. I was also told that my due date would not change from the 3rd of each month. This was all in November of 2016. What did I get for a Christmas present from AT&T? They charged me $200 for a deposit and $150 for the installation. It took them 3 months to get that balance off my bill. Then BONUS, on December 27th, two days after Christmas, my spouse has angina and COPD and was feeling chest pains. While I patiently waited by the gurney in the emergency room, I suddenly doubled over in pain because my appendix ruptured. They removed it at 10 P.M. that night and exactly 6 hours, while I was recuperating, my father died. Three days later, my gall bladder became infected and swelled to the size of a softball. They had to use the same surgical entry points they did for my appendix and that caused what is called keloid tissue, which is a hard and painful knot of scar tissue. This episode put me exactly one month behind on my AT&T bill, which the company said they would gratefully extend until the 23rd of the month. I explained that I only get money on the 3rd of the month and they refused until I spent 4 1/2 hours escalating my complaint. They finally gave me the 3rd, but the mess-up on the due date was another AT&T lie. They changed my due date to the 24th of the month and I asked that it be moved back to the 3rd as promised. So far between January and now, it still remains the 24th, but they keep promising that it will be moved. Meanwhile, I spoke to AT&T the day I paid one month to let them know that my spouse's father died and had to go to Sacramento, California (we live in Florida now). My spouse is disabled as well so we had to beg a friend to use his air miles so my spouse could get home. I woke up this morning after being told on the 3rd that I would definitely have until the 23rd again (I figured I'd put off trying to convince the [very stupid people--editor is blocking the word I want to use so add a four letter word and fill in the blank] that I don't have money until the 3rd of May) to find out that all my services had been disconnected for non-payment. I got on my Lifeline government cell phone (since I have Vonage and that means no internet=no phone service) and burned up an hour of my free cell time (out of 250 free minutes--screw AT&T on a cell phone) and they restored my service, but it took two phone calls to do it. Because they screwed up, they granted my payment extension to the 3rd but I now have to pay $400 and my total disability check is $950 with my rent costing me about $460 a month and my electricity costs about $120 a month. Since I bundled my internet with AT& frigging T, I counted it up and I've had to spend about 144 hours (6 days) on the telephone with them over issues and I was also promised that AT$T was faster and cheaper than my cable internet (Spectrum) and it is in fact 1/2 the speed I used to have and their wireless server/internet modem has a security problem that is a fault of the modem and makes it vulnerable to hacking, so I had to spend another $30 on Norton privacy protector to secure the modem. All-in-all, AT$T has cost me more than $1,200 since November of 2016 in problems, no connectivity and security issues. AT&T: hear me because I'm roaring mad right now and what will you do about it? Nothing. It's the computer's problem, not theirs. I hope this post is read by 5 million people who use AT&T and they all shut their services down. I'm not shopping for an alternative, so after 22 years (off and on, but since 2010 on this account in the same location) and once being the award winning salesperson for Radio Shack, where I sold more DirecTV service than anyone else in the nation for my chain (I won two weeks at a New Mexico ski resort in 2001) and the Southeast region highest sales of Bellsouth mobility (AT&T bought them out about a decade ago), this is how I'm treated, so listen to this high and mighty AT&T: To heck with you! I'm shopping for new services.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

As a sidebar, I just read that Consumer Reports rates AT&T as the WORST cell phone, internet and TV provider. That's 24th in 24 cellphone companies in North America.

Shame on you, AT&T! I once believed in you and look at how you're treating a disabled senior citizen.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Care to post a link backing this up?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Actually the November 2016 consumer reports rated the 4 major carriers below smaller prepaid ones.

Sprint was bottom of the barrel with both service and customer service.

ATT Next, then Verizon.  Of the big 4 T-mobile came out on top.

So what?

Read another survey of a different selection and Verizon comes out on top, and in a different one maybe ATT takes top slot.  The only consistent is Sprint in last place.  Their stock is tanking and they posted huge losses.  They need a buy out.  I expect T-mobile to put them out of their misery. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.