Need help understanding your bill?
Ans10kim's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 29th, 2018 3:17 PM

How to get a new sim when abroad

I cancelled my at&t phone number whilst in canada because i thought i wouldnt need it but realised i do and want to get my at&t phone number up and running again. I dont mind if i have to get a new number and sim but i have no way of contacting at&t by call because i have no cell service. just wifi. My at&t prepaid account seems to still be active and i have tried paying to see if it gets my simcard working again but it didnt work. Someone help! 😞

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you cancelled your line, I would think your sim card has been deactivated and any balance you had is lost. If that’s the case, you need a new SIM card but getting one while outside the US may not be possible. ATT won’t send you one, you would have to buy from some other source and again, unless you are still in Canada, prepaid won’t work.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Where are you and how exactly did you cancel? If you called and cancelled your service, your account should be closed. If your account is still open, renewing your plan or refilling your account should get your service working again but if you are in some other country than Canada, your service won't work. Prepaid does not support international roaming other than Canada and Mexico. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I cancelled the number via phone call, I do not necessarily need the same
cell number, but I need my sim card to work again or get a new one. What do
you think I should do? I have money on my prepaid balance already FYI.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.