Need help understanding your bill?
ujmnz's profile

Guru

• 

294 Messages

Sunday, January 15th, 2012 12:53 AM

How to get NBI account

I know that normally the NBI is reserved for business accounts with tax ID's. But I also know there are a lot of  regular accounts under the NBI market that are not under a business name with regular social security numbers and even have FAN discounts attached. I have 1 number I want to port in from Virginia, but can't do that because I'm in the WTX market.  I was told by care that once a number is an NBI number, it's always supposed to be under NBI. So if I get a transfer of responsibility from an NBI account, then my account can be converted over to NBI.

Are these two methods really the only way to get an NBI account?  I just want to do what a Verizon or Sprint customer can easily do, which is, to have different numbers (from different regions) under the same family talk plan. 

Former Employee

• 

78 Messages

10 years ago

You can have cross market numbers on the same retail or NBI plan. Also, NBI accounts have the same plans as consumers, they are just referred to as 'Business Talk' or Business Mobile Share. Either way it's irrelevant, the system has changed and consumers should not have business accounts. Also, even if it is cheaper to 'add a laptop' to a mobile share plan in a business market VS a consumer market is irrelevant too. Business owners are privy to different discounts on different things because THEY OWN A BUSINESS.

Guru

• 

294 Messages

10 years ago

I spoke with chat support and supposedly, we can now get numbers from different markets. He offered to change my number but I was just asking for info. I get an error any time I pretend to change my number on my online account when I put a zip from outside my market.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.