Need help understanding your bill?
MEME3kids's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 10:37 PM

Closed

How to file a complaint with the Corporate Office

My situation is that I was setup on a payment arrangement for May 4th. My paycheck was delay switch made me break the payment arrangement. I had it set up to pay $220.00 which I have already paid $150.00 of that amount before May 4th. The amount left was $70.00 this would have taken care of my March. I called today 5/10/17 @ 5:05pm to make a payment to get my phones turn back it someone in the finance department talking about I have to pay the full amount of $413.86 in order to get my service turn back on this is my April bill which was due on April 28th. It is May 10th I am on 10 days past due and you are tell me that AT&T is making me pay a full amount to keep my service on. I am a single mom of 3 girls, AT&T is making me choose between paying my rent or turning my cell phones back on. It is not fear how you get treated here at AT&T. Sprint and T-mobile have never done this type of sh&^ to me. I should have just stay with Sprint. AT&T you need to change somethings if you break your payment arrangements and you are 2 months behind as long as you pay your 1 1/2 of your bill you should still be able to get your service turn back on. Tell your Customer Service Rep in Finance Department they need some training on how to speak to customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

You have no grounds for complaint.  This is the way it is.  SOP, you are not singled out or treated any different than any othe customer.

If you make a promise to pay and don't keep it, your service is suspended.  In order to restore, you must pay all amounts due, not just the past due.  You would also be charged a reconnect fee.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

You cannot tell someone if they can ot cannot file everyone has rights the BBB will be more than happy to look into it . And you making it seem like easy fix is verry unbelievable that you have ever struggled and yes sometimes people lie but some dfont and having struggle isn't a good feeling andf nor does any one want to . And AT&T should be embarrassed to have someone like you talk to people the way you do customer satisfaction used to be att best quality very sad .

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Ca0325 wrote:
You cannot tell someone if they can ot cannot file everyone has rights the BBB will be more than happy to look into it . And you making it seem like easy fix is verry unbelievable that you have ever struggled and yes sometimes people lie but some dfont and having struggle isn't a good feeling andf nor does any one want to . And AT&T should be embarrassed to have someone like you talk to people the way you do customer satisfaction used to be att best quality very sad .

Sure, everyone has rights to complain and they can even complain to the BBB if they want. They have the right to write their Congressman, too.  What @lizdance40 (who is not an AT&T employee or representative) is saying, though, is that that complaining would be a complete and total waste of time. Once service is suspended, the account must be brought current before it will be restored. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Ca0325

@Ca0325 wrote:

What I wrote was they had "no grounds for complaint".  They were in fact already complaining.  Customers can complain here all they like.  Sometimes we tell them how to get ATT to snap to, and get help.  Sometimes we tell them they are wrong.

A business has the right to get paid for services, or refuse to provide until they do get paid.  Hopefully this was enough of a reality check.  But if the OP did file a BBB complaint, I'm sure they got the same response.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When I first signed up with direct tv and att for my internet I was told that I would bff recieving a $200 visa card in a week or two for signing up.I never got that visa card when I called their rewards dept they said I must've slipped through the cracks and the time frame for issuing me the card has passed in other words because of their mistake I get screwed out of $200.So when my bill came due I called att and explained what had happened and told them they can take the money I owe for my bill out of the $200 visa card money I wad supposed to get,my bill was $149 which still left them owing me $51.The next thing I know their turning my service off and taking me to collections and each time I get a call about the money owed for my bill I tell them to PLEASE TAKE ME TO COURT I WELCOME IT!I've always had the money to pay that bill but dammit to me it's the principle of the whole thing,It seems to me that if you owe them they want their money but if they owe you you're up a creek with no paddle well I've got news for them being disabled I've got nothing but time to do WHATEVER I need to do to take them down and to score a win for the little guy!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am infuriated right now!  I currently live with my elderly mother because unfortunately she has cancer and can't live alone so I help look after her and her house. My mother happens to be a 35 year AT&T Retiree. My mother was honest to God, not just an outstanding employee, she was literally the best Brand Ambassador for them they could ask for. This isn't an exaggeration, in those 35 years my mother worked for them, she maybe had a combined total of 5 sick and late days! NO kidding! She would seriously use her vacation days on the rare occasion she felt too sick to work! She would do this because she was so grateful to be a single mother who had a great job that allowed her to spoil my two older sisters and me the way she wanted, even though my father wasn't in the picture and never paid a nickel in child support. She loved at&t for this reason and would tell anyone who would listen about what a great company it was. That's part of the reason I'm so mad right now. I called at&t on her behalf this afternoon to reconcile some things that didn't seem to add up quite right on her recent bill. For over 10 years we've been getting a bundle which included the U-verse 400 package with 8 MBPS Internet and the top tier Digital phone service. Not to mention we all have AT&T cell service. Now, full disclosure my mother receives, or is supposed to receive, a Retiree Lifetime Discount. Which is so measly that most people that sign up get their first year of service at a much greater discount than my mother gets.  Anyway, we find out today, that going back God Knows how far, AT&T has been neglecting to give my mother her discount! If that's not bad enough, if anyone reading this knows anything about Internet speeds, they ought to know that way back when we bought the bundle, 8 MBPS was an okay speed for the time. I'm fact, when we first selected what speed we wanted, 8 was the second fastest they had available. The problem is that was over 10 years ago! Most companies don't even offer speeds less than 10 or 15MBPS and most people get an Internet speed of at least 50Mbps here in 2018! That's when the customer service woman from at&t informed me that some time ago, God knows when, AT&T cut our speed from 8 to 6 WITHOUT EVEN INFORMING US! To make it worse, they continued charging us the same 23 dollars we'd been paying for the 8 all these years!  Even though, thousands of mostly newer customers who got internet service at a time when AT&T didn't even offer 8 because it was so obsolete, we were actually paying more money for internet speeds five times slower than these other customers!  If you can believe it, while we were paying $23 for 6mbps when we thought we were getting 8, we could have been getting 75 Mbps for less than $5 more a month! So the second i found this out it was the last straw, I demanded to speak to a manager, this was around 3pm. She said the manager was out and would most definitely call me back before the place closed at 6 and everyone went home. So it got to be 5 so I decided I'd call back looking for this manager, I got another customer service woman on the phone and once again demanded to speak to a manager or supervisor. This woman put me on hold for almost an hour and the second the clock turned 6 she picked up the phone and hung it up! Never in my life! I demand justice. The woman who kept me on hold for almost an hour only to pick up the phone and slam it down so she could go home right at 6, NEEDS TO BE FIRED! 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

It’s not AT&T’s fault you or your mother didn’t review the bill to ensure the discount was applied. It’s not AT&T’s fault you or your mother didn’t review her service or the plans available to make sure she was getting the best value and her needs were met. 

By the way, Uverse didn’t offer an 8 mbs speed at the same time they offered the U400. She likely always had 6 mbs.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

{keep it courteous} First, you're right about the fact that in
between all of her blood transfusions, chemotherapy sessions and countless
other treatments she receives on a weekly basis, it's deffinitly not AT&T's
fault she's in the fight of her life battling stage 4 cancer and has a hard
time finding the time and energy to be checking the details and fine print
of all of her bills to ensure that the Fortune 500 company she invested 35
years of her life into, is doing business in an honest and ethical way!
SHAME ON HER. It's not their responsibility to make sure they aren't
scamming people. Btw, when you get home from the grocery store and realize
they over charged you or shorted you on the amount of change you were
supposed to receive, I'm sure you think to yourself, "My bad, I should of
checked the receipt right there at the register but since I didn't I really
can't hold it against them for not doing business in an ethical and
honorable way. After all, it's not their job and responsibility to ensure
they don't cheat the public." Of course not.
Furthermore, you said it's not AT&T's job to ensure she receives her
ritiree discount. Actually, it is! Which is why they actually have a
completely separate billing department which deals with Ritiree and
employee discounts exclusively! "For the sole purpose of making sure these
kinds of mistakes don't happen." Btw, that's in quotes because that's
exactly what the customer service representative told me. However, that's
irrelevant here because my mom did her do diligence in ensuring she was
given her well deserved discount and for a long while she received it.
Until supposedly this past summer the discount suddenly stopped being
applied to the monthly bill! That takes care of one of your foolhardy
claims. I mean, we order movies on demand every month. Why would she think
a change in the bill amount was because her own company was cheating her?
I'm sure she just thought we ordered a few more movies that month.
As for the comment about whether or not they offered 8 or the 6 in terms
if internet speed, that's completely irrelevant anyway so I'll take your
word for it that it was 6. Even if it was 6, that still doesn't explain why
my mother is being charged (if I remember correctly) something between $22 and
$23 per month when the CSR herself admitted that the actual monthly price
for 6 that my mother should be being charged is around (again can't
remember exact figure) $15!?
Which brings me to my last point. The reason the woman who told me we
were being over charged for our internet couldn't change it right there is
because of what I said earlier, SHE COULDN'T. She had to transfer me to the
special billing department that deals exclusively with employee and retiree
discount accounts. Now brainiac, since you seem to go out of your way to be
an at&t apologist. Explain to me why when she transferred me over there at
a little after 5 and I explained to the person that picked up that I had
been waiting all afternoon for the manager of that special department to
give me the callback I was promised but never received it. Why then did I
spend at least 40 minutes on hold until 6:00pm exactly when someone finally
picked up the line for a split second only to hang it right back up? Could
it be because they wanted to leave and it was clock out time? you never
explained why it was okay for that to happen.
have a Merry Christmas.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster. Att retirees get a discount on all services for ever?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 Provided they also qualify for other retiree benefits such as healthcare, yes. I’m technically an ATT retiree but I don’t qualify for healthcare benefits and therefore don’t get the retiree service discounts either.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.