Need help understanding your bill?
asteele's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 9th, 2018 12:39 PM

How to file a complaint about an att store...

I want to complain about an authorized dealer att store in Carmel, IN.  They are dishonest and scam your customers. I have a phone that died - the battery wouldn't take a charge any more. I went in and they basically lied to me. **Back story - Two years ago the same thing happened to me; when I went to a different AT&T store, they told me with my protection plan, all I had to do was file the claim, which they did in the store, and I could get a new phone. They will give you the same model you have (new) or if they no longer carry it, they give you the next level. All you pay is the deductible of $100. I ended up getting a new phone that was upgraded from the Active 4 to the 6. **

Yesterday, I went to the AT&T store on Michigan road with the same issue. I expected the same easy process. I went in, and the guy lied and told me the insurance company never give new phones but a pre-owned refurbished phone that is the same exact phone. He said, "you can't just keep filing claims and upgrade your phone." I told him of my experience two years ago, and he said the policy had changed, and I really need to keep up-to-date on changes. He said I needed to buy a new phone if I wanted something nice instead of a crappy refurbished phone. I asked what the point of the insurance was then because if your phone breaks, and you pay the monthly fee, they should replace it with a new phone. He said you could file a claim, but they wouldn't provide me with the "latest model" or a brand new phone. He tried to sell me a $700 phone. I told him I wasn't interested, and he said "I'm just here to sell you a phone." I told him last time they filed the claim in the store and gave me a phone, and he said he wouldn't sit there and fill out paperwork for me. After being berated by him, I decided to leave and call AT&T myself.

I went home and logged in on-line, went to the claims page. It took me less than 2 minutes to fill it out, I got upgraded from a Samsung Active 6 to an 8 - brand new phone; the 9 is the newest but who cares. I pay the $112 deductible, and it arrives today. I even called the insurance department and asked them what constitutes an insurance claim, and she said even if your battery life is just slow, the phone does not have to be totally broken, you can file a claim and they replace it. Of course, you only get 2 claims a year, but I have only filed 2 claims in 2 years. Totally worth it.

I then called the store to tell them they were wrong, and a different guy who answered still argued with me that they hardly ever see that happen, and I must have been lucky. Well I must have been lucky twice because this is the second time in 2 years this has happened to me. Plus, he said, "It isn't the latest phone." My response - who cares; it didn't cost $700.  They need to be investigated for fraud. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I want to file a complaint on the at&t store located in Hartsville SC ...

i was on the phone with a AT&T representive for two hours trying to get my AT&T SIM card to work in my new cell phone.... on the phone everything was great and the representive was very helpful, but we could not get my phone to work so she politely asked me to go to the nearest AT&T around and they would gladly get my phone working with no problem... so like any other day I made that apart of my errands and I go into the AT&T store located in Hartsville SC and as I walk in I’m not sure what I’m looking for so I kindly ask one of the workers to help me and I explain what’s going on and out of nowhere another worker now I know her name is Caroline Walker (she refused to give me her name when I asked her serval times thank god for Facebook I finally found her name out) came running at me yelling at me telling me she could not sale me anything and that I was not a costumer if AT&T and that she would not sale me anything. I am very well a costumer of AT&T and even if I was not if I wanted to buy a SIM card just like the representive on the phone told me to so I could become a AT&T costumer then by all means she should of encouraged me to buy the SIM card. Isn’t that what there suppose to do get people to switch to AT&T or make your AT&T costumers happy so they continue to stay with AT&T.. Needles to say she did neither of these things she screamed at me in front of other costumers which made them leave (loss of business) and claimed I was on some fraud list and refused to give me her name. First if I committed fraud in anyway I believe I would of went to jail, secondly if committing fraud is purchasing a SIM card in any shape way or form then I’m guilty but I believe she was way out of line and comes to find out she just went to jail for unlawful use of a telephone while working in the store at AT&T... I don’t know who the owner is of this store but AT&T I never got my SIM card and your losing a lot of business due to this lady’s attitude. I know that day alone she cleared the whole store which had atleast 20 people in there. I’m not done here I have her recorded and if that’s how you treat your costumers then shame on yall! You’ve lost me as costumer for sure unless something can be done with this lady! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have only had att for less than a month. I have had lots of signal issues. After a couples of days of phone calls to multiple att customer service reps and techs. I walked into an att store in Federal way. The representative that helped me whether had bad day, or not sure was quite rude. Explaining she didn't get anyone else in my area coming into her store to complain. No towers were down. That she's been in the business for 7+ years and the atf tech I spoke to didn't know what she was talking about. When I received a call from att while in the store, the rep walked away, went and sat at a table I was across the store, rep procedded to start talking to another att rep. Loud enough I could hear her telling him my business. So I went outside, I was embarrassed there were other customers in the store. I went there for help, didn't get it. Felt belittled.  When I went back into the store and asked for her name and the manager there.  The rep that rude rep was talking to, was the manager. When I said att was going to investigate what happened this manager said what are they gonna investigate?? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It's the manner that I received. I waited for so long when their was only one customer ahead of me while their are 4 employee standing around looking outside. I went to ask a question upon a return of a device I was told from phone service and instead of a appropriate manner. I recieved a rude remark and laughed at. When my wife called for a manager, we recieved the same action and look down and judge poorly.  They are supposed to be helpful and explain their services to customers. Not an answer, "it's not my problem." By manager.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been a customer with At&T since 2000 and I went to the store to receive a new phone and pay offf my remaining balance. The customer service was horrible this guy with a beard refused to help me proper stated while I had a At&T representative on the phone that he didn’t care what they had to say and completely rushed me out of the store even though I was there before it closed he took no effort helping me resolve my problems I will be messaging cooperate about and this because he was rude and just plain up helpful. He don’t even provide his name or greet me kindly. Your employee took it step further by saying that it was fault because I should’ve done what he told me too? That is no way to be helpful. This incident was at the At&T on 4805 Briarcliff rd ne, unit 101 Atlanta, Ga 30345

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to file a complaint against the Paseo Nuevo AT&T store in Santa Barbara, CA. Today was a stressful day in our community due to flooding closing the 101 freeway in both directions. I live in Carp (south of SB) and ended up stuck in SB for hours. In that time, my cell phone was almost dead. I visited this store to purchase a cable for my car charger, and asked the representative, Joey, if i could charge my phone for a bit in the meantime because I didn't have anywhere else to go. He stated this was fine, was very courteous and professional, and plugged my phone in for me. There was one other person in the store who was doing the same thing for the same reason. NO other customers came in or out of the store for the approximate 15 minutes I was in there. Joey's manager, Emilio, emerged from the backroom after the 10-15 minutes and without so much as a greeting immediately told me and the other person charging his phone that we had to leave. I explained that I had made a purchase but it was for my car and I needed to charge my phone for a bit because I was stranded in SB and unable to go and didn't want to be without a phone (the phone was at 8%). He stated he couldn't have me "loitering in his store." Emilio clearly lacks the intelligence to understand the meaning of the word, as I had made a purchase and was a customer, but worse, he lacks the decency to understand his customer was in a tight spot and wasn't willing to help like his more professional coworker. Emilio barely looked at me while he was talking and when i asked if I could speak to a manger he stated "well, no because I am the manager." AT&T, you clearly missed the mark when promoting this person to an authoritative role as he lacks any semblance of understanding customer service, and instead presents as rude and arrogant. There wasn't a single person in the store that needed helping! I was not a distraction or keeping them from doing their jobs. Perhaps he wanted me to leave so he could finish the rated R movie, Baby Driver, that was playing on the TV behind the register. This movie had a lot of foul language and violence, so it's probably best there weren't any customers present, particularly ones with children. Emilio doesn't seemed concerned about his customers or presenting himself in a professional manner, so I wanted to make you aware of it so in the future you can be more selective with your management candidates. The day was stressful enough not being able to use the freeway, backroads, or train  to go home, but now the added stress of having a phone on a low percentage when I didn't know how long I would be stranded (6 hours total). I've been debating switching to Verizon for some time now, and this incident might be the push I needed to move in that direction. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

im going though the same kind of service i got talked into buying a new 1000 dollar note 9 with the promise i would get a new note 9 free well the manager didt put the order in so now i dont get my phone even thouth ATT said i was elgeble but their sorry their manager didt do her job [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I was at the AT&T store at 7727 S. Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando last Monday.  My son's phone had gone dead and I wanted them to look at it.  We were greeted by a young lady and told to have a seat, and someone would be with us shortly.  She was taking care of another customer about four feet away from us, and I could hear the conversation between them.  So we waited.  I have been to AT&T stores before, and had never seen a transaction take so long.  There was another family that had been there before us, and they were waiting as well.  There were no less than five AT&T employees in the store, but no one was coming to us to offer to help us; or even to ask what we were there for. About 45 mins into our wait, someone with an Ipad came over and took our name, and we were put into a cue, but again he did not ask why we were there.  About an hour in, four young men in hoodies walked in, two of them ripped phones and Ipads out of the display counter and ran away.  We had now been witnesses to a robbery. The police came, and for the next 45 minutes they were walking in and out and talking to the employees, but no one was talking to us.  The family who had been there before us, got up and left in exasperation.  Finally, after sitting there for close to two hours, someone finally came over and attempted to help us.  After hearing our story, he talked about paying off the phone, to which I said its insured.  He then got a pamphlet and told us we could make a claim online or over the phone.  Had someone asked us why we had come in, we could have received that information and been on our way in two minutes.  Instead, we were made to wait for two hours without anyone from AT&T trying to help us, and were involved in a robbery which could have potentially threatened our lives.  It was the absolute WORST customer service experience I have ever had.  While we were waiting, we searched reviews of that store, and there were several very bad reviews.  I can honestly say that this store definitely lived up to its extremely bad reputation.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@cmaitski wrote:

I was at the AT&T store at 7727 S. Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando last Monday.  My son's phone had gone dead and I wanted them to look at it.  We were greeted by a young lady and told to have a seat, and someone would be with us shortly.  She was taking care of another customer about four feet away from us, and I could hear the conversation between them.  So we waited.  I have been to AT&T stores before, and had never seen a transaction take so long.  There was another family that had been there before us, and they were waiting as well.  There were no less than five AT&T employees in the store, but no one was coming to us to offer to help us; or even to ask what we were there for. About 45 mins into our wait, someone with an Ipad came over and took our name, and we were put into a cue, but again he did not ask why we were there.  About an hour in, four young men in hoodies walked in, two of them ripped phones and Ipads out of the display counter and ran away.  We had now been witnesses to a robbery. The police came, and for the next 45 minutes they were walking in and out and talking to the employees, but no one was talking to us.  The family who had been there before us, got up and left in exasperation.  Finally, after sitting there for close to two hours, someone finally came over and attempted to help us.  After hearing our story, he talked about paying off the phone, to which I said its insured.  He then got a pamphlet and told us we could make a claim online or over the phone.  Had someone asked us why we had come in, we could have received that information and been on our way in two minutes.  Instead, we were made to wait for two hours without anyone from AT&T trying to help us, and were involved in a robbery which could have potentially threatened our lives.  It was the absolute WORST customer service experience I have ever had.  While we were waiting, we searched reviews of that store, and there were several very bad reviews.  I can honestly say that this store definitely lived up to its extremely bad reputation.

You could have found out how to file an insurance claim online, but you said you wanted someone to "look at it," which meant you had to wait in line, and nothing would have been different had you told them that immediately. Surely you can't fault the store for a robbery occurring while you were there. I get why you're frustrated, but given the circumstances, I think being understanding is the least you can do. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have a complaint about your Valdosta, GA store. We pay our AT&T bill by check on time every month. Frequently when I go in to make the payment, the kiosk is down. This time when we went to the Norman Drive store to pay by check as usual, the girl (sorry, I did not get her name) told me that the kiosk was down again, she would not take my payment and I would have to "come back tomorrow". She told me I could pay by credit card or cash. The problem is the payment was due today, 5/28/2019, and if I paid tomorrow, May 29, there would be fees and penalties. 

In utter frustration, I tossed the check and bill over my shoulder and said "This is ridiculous". I did not curse or threaten the employee. The manager, Mike, stepped in while I was getting out the cash to pay the bill and he told me they would not take the money, I had no right to talk to the employee "that way" and to leave the store. They did not offer any apology for the kiosk being down again, nor did they offer me any payment alternatives. 

My wife then went in and talked to Mike, and he told her "You shouldn't have waited so late pay your bill". I have never been treated so shabbily by any company employee!  We do not have any choice but to use AT&T for our wireless and Data, but you can bet if we have any other payment options by check, we will never darken the doors of this AT&T store again.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Patriot1951 wrote:

I have a complaint about your Valdosta, GA store. We pay our AT&T bill by check on time every month. Frequently when I go in to make the payment, the kiosk is down. This time when we went to the Norman Drive store to pay by check as usual, the girl (sorry, I did not get her name) told me that the kiosk was down again, she would not take my payment and I would have to "come back tomorrow". She told me I could pay by credit card or cash. The problem is the payment was due today, 5/28/2019, and if I paid tomorrow, May 29, there would be fees and penalties. 

In utter frustration, I tossed the check and bill over my shoulder and said "This is ridiculous". I did not curse or threaten the employee. The manager, Mike, stepped in while I was getting out the cash to pay the bill and he told me they would not take the money, I had no right to talk to the employee "that way" and to leave the store. They did not offer any apology for the kiosk being down again, nor did they offer me any payment alternatives. 

My wife then went in and talked to Mike, and he told her "You shouldn't have waited so late pay your bill". I have never been treated so shabbily by any company employee!  We do not have any choice but to use AT&T for our wireless and Data, but you can bet if we have any other payment options by check, we will never darken the doors of this AT&T store again.

If you insist on using a check, you can pay by check online.  You can also use a credit or debit card online or mail in the check (allowing plenty of time for delivery). 

If you know the payment kiosk has frequent issues, why did you wait so long to pay?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.