For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
RConyers's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2017 1:13 AM

Closed

How to file a complaint about ATT store

I went into the ATT store in Miami- I wanted to buy an iPhone 7. THEY WOULD NOT SELL IT TO ME!

I did not want to finance it- I wanted to buy it outright at the price marked on the tag. I was told by a salesperson "we do not sell phones that we do not finance" 

So - since the price was written on the tag $X.xx/month OR $XXX.xx full price- since it is advertised- I am going to file a formal complaint with the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services. I think the manager of the store should be aware that the employees are about to get his store sued.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

That is not what you wrote.  Don't start changing the story.

Since you never provided an address for the store that refused service, we don't know if you're correct 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Not changing the story- read the first post. 

"I went into the ATT store in Miami- I wanted to buy an iPhone 7. THEY WOULD NOT SELL IT TO ME!

I did not want to finance it- I wanted to buy it outright at the price marked on the tag. I was told by a salesperson "we do not sell phones that we do not finance" 

Which part do you think I changed???

I said ATT store- I said they would finance but not sell it outright. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

They are willing to sell to ATT customers.  If you aren't an Att customer, the will not sell you a full price phone.  

"....My complaint is NOT that they refused me service- it is they are not honoring the price and terms marked on the display at the store.".  

Its the same price, so that's not true.  They just won't sell to non-customers.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I am an ATT customer - it is a replacement for a phone I purchased 3 years ago. I have had the same lines and telephone numbers with ATT for over 10 years. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Price AND terms- the terms are the issue. I don't want to enter any contract, don't want to make monthly payments.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

I have never not had a att Corp store sell me a phone for full retail. But a authorized retailer won't.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

I have purchased in 3.5 years, 2 phones (note 3 and LG Optimus) and a tablet (iPad)  from ATT company stores at full price.  My ex, who was on my account purchased his second phone (iPhone 6s) at full price.  It was apparent I have an account with ATT.  

There is no reason at all an ATT company store would refuse to sell a customer a phone at full price.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

And yet they did. My son was there, my friend was there. I can't explain it- other than the sales person wanted to sell me a contract. 

Like I said- illegal. The manager should be informed - his employee is getting them investigated - ATT seems to not care. That is as usual, they could not care less about their customers. I wrote a complaint to corporate- I assume I will not hear anything but crickets chirping. 

FL Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services cares- so if I cannot get satisfaction from ATT, I will settle for revenge.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@RConyers wrote:

And yet they did. My son was there, my friend was there. I can't explain it- other than the sales person wanted to sell me a contract. 

Like I said- illegal. The manager should be informed - his employee is getting them investigated - ATT seems to not care. That is as usual, they could not care less about their customers. I wrote a complaint to corporate- I assume I will not hear anything but crickets chirping. 

FL Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services cares- so if I cannot get satisfaction from ATT, I will settle for revenge.

@RConyers

I looked at what they can do...  All they will get is a wrist slap if anything...  They can prove the next payment is full price tho and say thats why its displayed.  I have seen corps do this for years.  Drives me nuts.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@RConyers I don't know if it was illegal but it was definitely wrong. That corporate store should definitely have sold the phone without requiring a Next plan. That is not how corporate stores do business. I urge you to send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare and identify the store and sales associate, if possible. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.