Need help understanding your bill?
jimduan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 9th, 2013 3:28 PM

How to deal with ATT for unfair ETF?

By using an unlock code (from ATT customer service), my phone gets locked permanently. I have talked with ATT multiple times, ATT refused to fix it.

Because this bad customer support, I disconnected this service, and asked to return the phone device to ATT. ATT didn't want to take the phone back, and added the ETF to my bill, which I don't think I should pay.

Any advice appreciated,

Best Regards

JD

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jimduan wrote:

By using an unlock code (from ATT customer service), my phone gets locked permanently. I have talked with ATT multiple times, ATT refused to fix it.

Because this bad customer support, I disconnected this service, and asked to return the phone device to ATT. ATT didn't want to take the phone back, and added the ETF to my bill, which I don't think I should pay.

Any advice appreciated,

Best Regards

JD

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

contact professional assistance.

No matter - you are under contract, you terminated the contract you are responsible for the penalties

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T seems to be taking a page out of Sprints book, take the device back, and still charge a ETF regardless if they accept the phone back or not. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

If the phone was older than 14 days the contract is binding. on the 15th day the ETF of the phone is in effect for terminating the contract. This is the standard policy for any handset sold by AT&T. After the 14 days you the customer are responsible for the contract and any fees that apply. They did not take back your handset because it is yours. Even if you send it back in. There is no way around the ETF after 14 days. ALL companys have these policies to protect themselves and still be fair for customers.

As for that phone. I suggest calling back in "if you can get your account reinstated" and speaking with another person. 1-800-801-1101 is the Technical support number. If no luck there take it to a company owned store. The reps there are always willing to go the extra mile.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.