Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to add an existing account to a new plan?

Highlighted
Contributor

How to add an existing account to a new plan?

My friend is already on an Unlimited&More plan with just 1 line, himself. Thus, he already has an AT&T SIM card and number.

My two other friends and I aren't on any AT&T plan yet, but we intend to buy an Unlimited&More plan as well. The three of us need new physical AT&T SIM cards. My first friend wants to join this plan because per person wise, 4 lines is cheaper than 3 or 1.

On the website, I selected the plan, and added 3 AT&T Universal SIM Cards to the cart for me and the two other friends. I'm having trouble adding the first friend who is already with AT&T though. I tried "See if you can keep your current number," but it said he can't even though his number is from AT&T and on the same plan. That leaves me to choose "I already have a SIM or eSIM card," as he does not want a new SIM card. This requires his SIM Card ID and IMEI. Is this how it's supposed to be? Once he provides that information, and the plan begins, can he keep his current SIM card as part of the new plan with 4 lines?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage

Re: How to add an existing account to a new plan?

One person needs to take responsibility as account owner.  That person needs all the account numbers, phone numbers and PIN codes to port the numbers into that new account.  

The person who is already on At&t with a plan cannot be added the way you are trying.  That person has to transfer billing responsibility to you internally.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

So what you're saying is I should set up a plan with 3 lines then use one of the links on this page (the "Move a line between my accounts", perhaps?) to add the person who is already on AT&T? Will this make it so that we get the reduced per phone cost for having 4 lines, or will it be counted as 3 lines and 1 line separately? We would like it counted together.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by NagyLajos
‎08-08-2019 9:05 AM

@NagyLajos wrote:

So what you're saying is I should set up a plan with 3 lines then use one of the links on this page (the "Move a line between my accounts", perhaps?) to add the person who is already on AT&T?  Will this make it so that we get the reduced per phone cost for having 4 lines,   YES 👍🏼

or will it be counted as 3 lines and 1 line separately? We would like it counted together.   

Nope.  

Your 4th has to except, but it’s easy and I’ve done it with email in 3 minutes. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support