Need help understanding your bill?
Magalim_'s profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 12th, 2015 6:53 PM

How to add a line to an existing account?

Hi I was wondering if I could add a cellphone to my account?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @Magalim_

I’d be happy to help with adding a line to your account! You can certainly do this, and it’s really easy to do from your online account! To add a new device:

1. Go to Add a Device. If prompted, log in.
  2. Select your new device, and then select one of the available agreement terms. Two-year service contract pricing option may not be available online to customers in certain areas. If it's not available in your area call 888.333.6651 for details.
  3. Select Add to Cart. Select Add to Plan or Create a New Plan. Follow the prompts to add required selections and optional features. We strongly recommend you add Device Protection to insure your new device against damage and loss.
  4. Then select Continue to Next Step. Add any accessories you'd like to your cart, and then select Continue to Next Step.
  5. Select from the options to Add Another Device or Continue to Checkout.
  6. Review your order. If you're transferring a number, select the Check eligibility link and follow the prompts.
  7. When you're ready, select Check out, and then confirm or enter your Personal Information. Then select Continue. If a deposit is required, you'll have the option to pay the deposit during check out.
    • If you selected an AT&T Next installment agreement, you pay sales tax on the full retail price of the smartphone. If you select AT&T Next 12 with Down Payment, a 30% down payment is required at the time of purchase. The first installment charge will be added to your next bill.
    • If you were eligible and selected a 2-year contract, a one-time activation fee up to $40 may be added to your next bill.
  8. Follow the prompts to select a new wireless phone number, and then select Continue. If you're adding a tablet, this number is used as a billing ID number. If you're transferring a number from another provider, enter the following account information exactly as it appears from your current provider:
    • Select whether your existing account is Consumer/Personal or Business.
    • Enter the account holder's name, billing address, Social Security number or Tax ID, account number, and password or PIN. Refer to a recent monthly bill, online invoice, or call your current service provider to verify this information. Inaccurate information may delay the processing of your number transfer.
  9. Confirm your order, read the Terms & Conditions, and to accept, select the checkbox, and then select Submit.

For more information, check out our eSupport article! - https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008673

I hope this helps!

Charise

• 

1 Message

I’m gettin added to a family’s account will I need an ID. the only form of identification I have is a birth certificate, I’m waiting for 2 pieces of mail to come in to verify my address so I can get a new one. Is this going to prevent me from being added onto the line by chance.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Not a phone...an accessory ( case ). Any help there?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I recently added unlimited data with the Direct TV bundle and after I tried to add a line onto my account also and it keeps shifting back to my account overview, even when I have the phone I'm trying too purchase in the cart?? Is there a limit to the amount of changes within a certain time period?!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This is happening to me also! I spent 3 hours on the phone with AT&T today and I still don't have a line added. It's not due to a limit being exceeded (Limint is 10 lines and I currently have 6 wanting to add a 7th), from what I am bing told once you combine billing you have to speak to someone in combined billing 1.800.288.2020..BUT I called that department today also and they could not help me either. If anyone knows what department or phone number to call on this please post! In my 3 hours I was transferred and talked to 10 different people...and that does not include how many times I talked to the automated system.  CRAZY!!! I have never worked so hard to spend over $550.00 with a company in my entire life. I am almost mad enough to cal again now!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This must be the problem I am having as I tried to add 2 lines and had nothing but problems and no one could tell me what the issue was!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.