How to Transfer Number from Busted SIM Card

Contributor

How to Transfer Number from Busted SIM Card

I busted my SIM card this weekend, and now my GoPhone service is unavailable. The customer service representative I called told me I needed to get a new SIM card and then call him back so we can transfer the number from the old SIM to the new one. The question is, what new SIM card should I buy? Where could I find it? And does it cost anything to transfer my number from the old card to the new one?

Message 1 of 6
Former Employee

Re: How to Transfer Number from Busted SIM Card

Hello CinnaKorst6072, the SIM card can be picked up free of charge at any corporate AT&T store, it could be activated with your number there as well.

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

That wasn't very specific. The problem is, I busted my SIM card by entering the PUK key wrong too many times. What do I do to transfer my number to a new SIM card?

Message 3 of 6
Former Community Manager

CinnaKorst6072 wrote:

That wasn't very specific. The problem is, I busted my SIM card by entering the PUK key wrong too many times. What do I do to transfer my number to a new SIM card?

Hi there...

What drumn_bass means is that you can go to any AT&T store and get a new SIM card. They will help you transfer the number in the store. 

Here's a link to help you find the nearest store: http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Okay. Is it free?

Another good question. Can AT&T Authorised Retailers help me do the number transfer?

Message 5 of 6
Former Community Manager

As long as you're keeping the same number, there should not be a charge. 

Yes, an authorized retailer can help with this. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support