Need help understanding your bill?
CinnaKorst6072's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 10th, 2012 6:57 PM

How to Transfer Number from Busted SIM Card

I busted my SIM card this weekend, and now my GoPhone service is unavailable. The customer service representative I called told me I needed to get a new SIM card and then call him back so we can transfer the number from the old SIM to the new one. The question is, what new SIM card should I buy? Where could I find it? And does it cost anything to transfer my number from the old card to the new one?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@CinnaKorst6072 wrote:

That wasn't very specific. The problem is, I busted my SIM card by entering the PUK key wrong too many times. What do I do to transfer my number to a new SIM card?

Hi there...

What drumn_bass means is that you can go to any AT&T store and get a new SIM card. They will help you transfer the number in the store. 

Here's a link to help you find the nearest store: http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

That wasn't very specific. The problem is, I busted my SIM card by entering the PUK key wrong too many times. What do I do to transfer my number to a new SIM card?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Okay. Is it free?

Another good question. Can AT&T Authorised Retailers help me do the number transfer?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

As long as you're keeping the same number, there should not be a charge. 

Yes, an authorized retailer can help with this. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.