Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How much to add a phone to an existing plan?

Highlighted
Tutor

How much to add a phone to an existing plan?

I need to know how much it will be each month, to add a 3rd line to our family plan. We currently have unlimited talk/unlimited text and 3GB of data to share. I assume the 3rd line will just join in the service and will get unlimited talk/text and will share the 3GB of data with the other two lines. I know that I need to purchase a phone, so for clarity sake, lets say I get the $15/month Iphone 5 (16GB ).  

I called Customer Support and they told me that in addition to the $150 that I am paying for my 2 phones currently, it would be $90 per month, plus $25 per month, plus another $15 per month (for the NEXT phone) for an additional total of $140 per month.

This seems crazy to me, and I can't do this at that price.  Is this incorrect?  If so, what would the actual cost be?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by kakasper
‎04-15-2016 4:30 AM

Re: How much to add a phone to an existing plan?

The monthly service cost to add a line to your existing plan is $25/month. Total additions to your bill will be that $25 plus whatever the installment payment for the new phone is. I suspect you misunderstood. Your current monthly service charges should be $90 ($40 for 3GB shared data and $50 for 2 lines), so they were just telling you it would be an additional $25 added to the $90. 

With 3 lines your monthly service cost should be $135. Your total bill will be $135 plus whatever phone installments you have plus taxes and fees.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: How much to add a phone to an existing plan?

Thank you, that makes so much more sense.  I asked if the $90 would be in addition to what we currently pay and the employee said yes, in addition, so I think it was a mutual misunderstanding.  I appreciate the clarity.  That makes more sense financially to me. 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support